Mayor West's 09 SS/TC Ext. Track Turbo #191 [South Carolina] [Registered] [Sold]

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Yeah, it came from the transmission between and looks to only go on one way :'(

****. I don't want to remove this thing.

Here's the only pic of the plate I have. It looks to only fit one way.
Okay I'm being told by @OptimizePrime that they're not supposed to be through bolts. Only stubby ones. Installed perfectly now.

Thanks everyone!

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Okay guys I dun goofed up on some powder coating tonight.

Pro tip, if you use rubber stoppers to cover the bolt holes, take them out prior to coating or cover the oven elements with something in case one falls out and catches on fire inside the oven.

My last brake caliper is ruined with soot, so I'll have to strip the paint and coat it again. Not excited about that.

I also coated the other 3 calipers just fine but of course I had to end the evening with a screw up.

Attached are some pics, the mess up is the whitish one :(

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Okay so I got some progress this week. Radiator is in and I've started plumbing the an fittings. Putting the caps on is a lil harder than I anticipated.

Also got the intercooler fitted and I've started plbing it as well.

Also did the s252 oil drain and am waiting on a fitting to do the inlet.

Finally, I 3d printed a goblin head out if wood pla so I can have him ride with me. Turned out awesome after a few settings changes.

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Tonight I finally got back into the gob. I re painted my front caliper that I messed up and installed both front brakes. Just need pads and the lines installed.

Also installed the DF supplied steering ball joints and my steering is all hooked up. At full-lock left turn my wheel contacts the a-arm so I gotta figure something out for that. Right turns are ok, though.

I put my engine harness on the motor and started plugging things in, I'm gonna have some questions about some of the leftover plugs in a few days. I have everything except intake pipe sensors connected and there's a decent amount of plugs next over ‍♂

I started putting the shifter in and realized I must have tossed my lil black brackets that connect the shifter to the arms. I've seen some folks replace them, can anyone point me in a good direction?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Okay so today I worked on getting my Brain seats installed. Those weren't difficult (I didn't finish) but the seatbelts were.

Are the captive nuts for the seatbelts on the tunnel not the same size as the OEM cobalt nuts?

I ask because I seem to have stripped this nut trying to install my seat belts. I made a chasing bolt to clear the threads of powder using a similarly threaded bolt and it looks to not fit.

Can someone confirm?

Also, fit the IC and 2.5" IC piping from the turbo to the manifold, however I do need to better account for the ECU and mag/map/bov.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
They are different size, for some reason. :rolleyes: 7/16- 20. Fine thread. not supplied. I think I used 1 1/2” long, but thats because that’s all I could find in in the middle of nowhere TX.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Well thankfully I've already assumed common sense that they'd be the same thread as the oen seat belts (since they're not included in the kit) and incidentally cross threaded one of them. Joy...

@Adam can you confirm the thread size for the missing bolt to the nut for the seatbelts on the tunnel???

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The Corbeau seatbelts that we sell come with the bolts. They are 7/16 - 20.
If you are running donor seatbelts you will not use the tunnel mounts.