Michigan builders.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Bay City.

That's a hell of a deal on insurance, but the 3K miles would be too little for me lol. I daily this thing when its above 50 and not wet out. 5K miles might be enough. Will they let you track it with that setup? Some don't like that.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Bay City.

That's a hell of a deal on insurance, but the 3K miles would be too little for me lol. I daily this thing when its above 50 and not wet out. 5K miles might be enough. Will they let you track it with that setup? Some don't like that.
I think you can ask for more miles. You just pay more.

Matt C

I just got my MCO from DF last week. Need to find time to make it to the SOS office to get the inspection process going. My Stage 3 boxes will hopefully be here in a couple weeks. Then I'll be on the search for insurance.

neodied

Got a quote back from captain franks lady. $658 a year with comp and collision. $25,000 agreed price. You are limited to 3000 miles a year. I’m going to go with it. @jirwin what city are you in again?
Just got full coverage for 25K agreed value. 100k property damage. $740 for the year. Highly recommend franks lady. Let me know if you want her number
What changed between these two quotes? Addition of property damage, or mileage per year? Great info though, really appreciate the specifics and I will almost certainly be reaching out to get that agent's contact info when I'm closer to registration.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
"Frank's Lady" aka Kelsey Bell is fantastic. When I went through her in April 2021 I was expecting a hard time, but it was simply painless. Great experience.

TravMac

Hey all, has anyone done an auto cross yet in Michigan? I know the Saginaw Valley Region's first event is up in Oscoda this weekend. Planning to make it myself, but didn't know if anyone else was planning on doing some racing this year!

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Hey all, has anyone done an auto cross yet in Michigan? I know the Saginaw Valley Region's first event is up in Oscoda this weekend. Planning to make it myself, but didn't know if anyone else was planning on doing some racing this year!
I signed up with the intention of doing it this year. I'm not sure the tune is "race ready" but it'd be worth a shot. I might even be able to make it this weekend. We'll see.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Just got the email today about Oscoda. How does any of this work?

Is event competing whereas test & tune is just running the course for fun/testing essentially?

TravMac

Just got the email today about Oscoda. How does any of this work?
Is event competing whereas test & tune is just running the course for fun/testing essentially?
Yup, you nailed it. Each event refers to a day of racing for points. For these weekends where there are 2 events, there also tends to be a "test and tune" that doesn't count for points, but rather for fun/testing car setup/making changes prior to racing days. I can't find reference to when there are test and tune days scheduled, I think they are just based on location availability. I did add the schedule in the thumbnail below for anyone else looking these up!

1652808135663.png

TravMac

I'm planning to be there for it all Friday through Sunday as long as the weather holds up. Not sure I want to have it sit in the rain if that happens, but last I checked things were looking warm and clear.
Edit: then I check now and it's maybe going to rain? Who knows with Michigan weather... Guess I'll bring a car cover too ha

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I'm planning to be there for it all Friday through Sunday as long as the weather holds up. Not sure I want to have it sit in the rain if that happens, but last I checked things were looking warm and clear.
Edit: then I check now and it's maybe going to rain? Who knows with Michigan weather... Guess I'll bring a car cover too ha
If you don’t have a hood yet make sure you cover your power steering motor. They do not like water at all

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Weather (so far) isn't looking good for either day this weekend. I think I might take it out to Ubly Dragway on either day instead if the weather is good enough.

Matt C

Got the letter in the mail from SOS last week stating they accepted my application for a VIN. Got a call this morning from the inspector. There's no getting around the bumpers and glass windshield with a wiper and some sort of spray bottle. He said he's seen people just duct tape a Windex bottle to the windshield for the inspection, which is fine. The wiper doesn't have to be electric either, just a hand operated one works.

Contacted DF, and they're shipping out a pair of front and rear bumpers for me. Working on getting a Windshield made. Hopefully it won't take too long.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Got the letter in the mail from SOS last week stating they accepted my application for a VIN. Got a call this morning from the inspector. There's no getting around the bumpers and glass windshield with a wiper and some sort of spray bottle. He said he's seen people just duct tape a Windex bottle to the windshield for the inspection, which is fine. The wiper doesn't have to be electric either, just a hand operated one works.

Contacted DF, and they're shipping out a pair of front and rear bumpers for me. Working on getting a Windshield made. Hopefully it won't take too long.
I have bumper you can install for the inspection. Come on by and pick them up. If you don’t want to buy some. You can take them off after the inspection

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru

just got my inspection done last week and the guy I had mentioned the wiper and bumpers that I DIDNT have. He still passed me. Who is your inspector?