Midlana Kit Car

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Mid-engine Lotus 7 replica. Has a Lotus nose, but the rest of it is a Goblin from the headlights back. Uses a Honda drivetrain, over achieving at 500+ HP. And check out the price. o_O:cool:
That's the build that led me to the Goblin back in 2017. Check out the blog archive and/or buy the book, lot's of cool stuff

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
That has just the right look to it.

That will also be a good link to share the next time someone want an LS Goblin. Probably easier to start from scratch for an LS based car than redesign everything.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Should we see if Justin would go head to head with this car? They hint at it being ludicrous speed fast. Or if he would value his Goblin at $55K? I think the back end of the Midlana is kinda ugly. o_O:cool:

Chris_WNC

I want a scoop like that for my future intercooler. That’s what I have in mind but I’d have to use off the shelf stuff since I don’t do fiberglass work.

Chris

Brett

Wow, didn't realize Kurt was selling. Very knowledgeable guy. He also has a book about Midlana and a previous build, Kimini.

I could get lost on his site reading about both builds for hours on end. Definitely helped ignite that fire to build something.

Midlana book:

Kimini book:

Dale E

From his post on LocostUSA.com site:

Yes it was a real emotional roller coaster during that last hour or so. I genuinely had no idea what it would go to and it was nuts watching it going up in the last 30 minutes. There's still the paperwork and payment stuff to get through, and am hoping that it goes smoothly. The winner is just up the road in Orange County (south of Los Angeles), where I hope that he'll respect it and enjoy its performance.

As the price kept climbing, I saw tears in my wife's eyes, and I asked her why. She said that she was happy that people really did appreciate the car for what it is, instead of it selling for a disappointingly low price. I know you're wondering: It sold for $55,555!

He wrote (I don't know if he's kidding) that he wants to drive it to Laguna Seca in a couple weeks. I thought about doing the same and ruled it out because it was important for me to get there and not risk being late. That said, I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't make it, and it's very ambitious in a completely unknown car because it means:

A. Go up I-5 in the central valley, where it's endless miles of dead-straight freeway with nothing to look at, and where it'll be >100F. An option is to cut over to 101 as soon as possible, but it'll still be hot.

B. Go up 1, the Coast Highway, which looks wonderful in movies and commercials, because you don't see the endless stream of RVs during the summer holiday months. I can see him becoming very frustrated with that, as did I when stuck trailing "losers" in slow moving cars.