Midwest spring meet 2020!

Ross

Goblin Guru
Guys unfortunately I'm gonna have to withdraw my name from this event/meet at least as far as planning goes.

At work we've pick up a few new customers that are placing some very large orders for the foreseeable future. It looks like alot of weekends are in my future and I've been arguing with the powers that be about using vacation time. They've pretty much put a lock on any new time being taken and I'm even not 100% sure I'm gonna get to regularly attend the autocross races this year.

I sincerely apologize and hope that we can either move this to the fall or someone else make arrangements and I just might get a random cough and the only thing that will cure me is Goblin crusing lol.

Again I'm sorry I have failed you
I think I will pick up the ball, and run with it this year. We have to have a 2020 midwest spring meet up, and there are lots of windy roads here to enjoy.

JERMzSS

I think I will pick up the ball, and run with it this year. We have to have a 2020 midwest spring meet up, and there are lots of windy roads here to enjoy.
Thanks Ross! I really appreciate it. It's looking worse and worse everyday at work so I doubt I'll get to join y'all but if I have a free day I'll be there. There's alot of good driving roads around there so I think it's a great area for a meet.

Steve Sallenbach

I would like to say I can make it, but I said that last year and I'm still working on the body. Will post some pics in the next few days on my progress under my build log.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Last year we did the Midwest spring meet on May 18th, but this year, I am hoping things get back to normal, and we can do it June 13th, which is the last weekend in spring. Does that weekend work for you?

I also was thinking of making T shirts for this year's run. Anyone have design suggestion? Maybe make the T shirts available to anyone who meets up with another Goblin, and makes a video or publishes pictures of their drive. That way Goblin owners, who live far away, can participate too.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Maybe stay in Branson Missouri.
Between Springfield Missouri and Harrison Arkansas there are a lot of nice twisty roads.

Sparta to Peels Ferry

Anybody thinking that things will start opening up, and that this will happen? Or am I just a crazy optimist?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts on how to properly handle the Covid virus is continually changing. Originally I felt the right thing to do was what we did. Shut down the non essential business until we get control of it.

Although it has probably slowed the spread of the virus we seem to be a long way from getting control of it.

I am now thinking we as earthlings are going to have to start learning to live with it and possibly future viral threats.

Social distancing, masks and hand sanitizer may become the new norm. It would not be the first time procedures have changed.

Things that people use to do would not be acceptable in today's times. Doctors would do surgery on a person with bare hands and then cut into the next victim without even scrubbing up.

Long ago restaurant owners would scrape uneaten food from plates back into the pot to be served to the next person. OMG!

I'm up to going to a meet up, I think we may have to start living life again. But I think for a while we are all going to have to be more aware of who and what we come in contact with. I think we can have a safe meetup as long as everyone is careful.

KLMOTORSPORTS

My thoughts on how to properly handle the Covid virus is continually changing. Originally I felt the right thing to do was what we did. Shut down the non essential business until we get control of it.

Although it has probably slowed the spread of the virus we seem to be a long way from getting control of it.

I am now thinking we as earthlings are going to have to start learning to live with it and possibly future viral threats.

Social distancing, masks and hand sanitizer may become the new norm. It would not be the first time procedures have changed.

Things that people use to do would not be acceptable in today's times. Doctors would do surgery on a person with bare hands and then cut into the next victim without even scrubbing up.

Long ago restaurant owners would scrape uneaten food from plates back into the pot to be served to the next person. OMG!

I'm up to going to a meet up, I think we may have to start living life again. But I think for a while we are all going to have to be more aware of who and what we come in contact with. I think we can have a safe meetup as long as everyone is careful.
Very well stated Lonny....I agree with all and would be game for a meet up!

Ross

Goblin Guru
This year's Midwest Spring meet is June 13th & 14th 2020 in Branson Missouri.
Haven't heard any objections to this date & place, and it looks like the country will open up for business soon.

JERMzSS

I'd still definitely be down for something like this, but it's not gonna be in 2020. Perhaps 2021 will be the year!
Even if your Goblin not finished your more than welcome to come hang out!

Let's see if someone will let us on their go kart track lol.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The dates will be: June 12th, 13th, and 14th. That's a Friday through Sunday. You do not have to participate the entire time, join whatever you can or want to.

This is intended for Goblin builders and other car builders too. You don't have to bring a Goblin, last year I did this on my motorcycle, but I learned a lot from other Goblin owners, and brought my half build car to get tips from the other builders.

Friday dinner meet up: 6:30PM ish, Fuddruckers, 1615 State Hwy 76, Branson, MO. They have a small outdoor section, and are 1.3 miles east of the Radisson.

Hotel suggestion: Radisson Hotel Branson, 120 Wildwood Dr S, Branson, MO. $109 on June 13th for 2 beds. Big parking lot. (417) 335-5767
There are hotels nearby that are a bit less expensive: Green Gables Inn, Peach Tree Inn, Super 8 by Wyndham, Hotel Branson at Thousand Hills.

Saturday's ride starts at 9:30AM, at the Radisson, travel north, doing this loop CCW.
Lunch in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, Restaurant: Cathouse Lounge, 82 Armstrong St, Eureka Springs, AR. Now: La Familia Tex-Mex, 120 E Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR
then back to Branson.
6:30PM Cruise the strip 3.8 miles east, from Radisson to eat supper at Black Oak Grill, 601 Branson Landing Blvd #2089, Branson, MO
They have some outdoor seating, near the water, and our car

On the north side of our loop: Roller Coaster route 76
Maybe stop or cruise in Cassville, then going south on Missouri Route 86: Ride the Eagle
After lunch in Eureka Springs, heading east: Branson To Table Rock Loop

Sunday's drive starts at 9:30AM doing this loop clockwise.

Good section of the Sparta to Peels ferry run.
Lunch at Panera Bread, 2407 Green Mountain Dr, which is across the parking lot from the Radisson Hotel Branson.

Who signed up:
- Ross Lawrence (Ross), and my son Ian. My cel: 479-640-9941
- Brad George Schaffner (George)
- Brian N. (Briann1177) +1 guest
- (Dale E) +1 guest
- Jermey H. (JERMzss) + wife, Amanda
- (RussellTuckerPGA)
- (Russ Amos) + wife, Jane
- (JamesM) + 1 guest
- Steve M. (gofast)
- Joshua A. (IowaSpeed)
- (Lonny), 2 cars 4 people.
- Andrew C (DCMoney)

Last edited:

gofast

I've got chassis #181 and have a long way to go before it is done. If you guys are okay with me riding my motorcycle down from Wisconsin, I might do this. My May motorcycle trip to Arkansas got canceled due to the Covid 19 situation so this would be a great substitution.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I've got chassis #181 and have a long way to go before it is done. If you guys are okay with me riding my motorcycle down from Wisconsin, I might do this. My May motorcycle trip to Arkansas got canceled due to the Covid 19 situation so this would be a great substitution.
Bring it!