Midwest spring meet 2020!

gofast

I know I'm late with this, I've had a lot going on with the recent death of my Dad and visiting family from the West Coast. I had a great time at the meet and learned so much that will help me with my build.

First, I want to thank Ross for setting up this event and he and Ian for the rides and the opportunity to drive their car.

Brian (briann 1177) was so kind to haul me around during the rides and also allow me to drive his car. This was especially nice as his car was the only turbo car there and that is what I'm building. His is a quality build and detailed nicely.

Lastly, I want to thank Brenda Doyle, whom I got to meet and talk with during the meet for the flowers she sent for my Dad's death. When I picked up my kit, my 92 year old dad went along from Wisconsin and it was a trip to remember. This was two months before he died. Dad and Lonny really connected and Lonny posted a picture of him giving Dad a ride in his car. I texted Lonny news of my Dad's passing the day after he died and within hours I was contacted about a delivery of flowers from the Doyles. I was so touched by this, I can't put it into words.

I'll close by saying again thanks to everyone, the meet was a great experience for me and now that we are getting a number of builds up North, an Upper Midwest meet may be in order.

Steve Meyer

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It was my absolute pleasure to have you along for the ride and to let you put a few miles on it. It makes me sad to hear about the loss of your Dad. I hope that the meet was able to give you an escape from reality for a bit.

I hope you can make it out next year with your own Goblin.

Brenda

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Steve! I just wished that I would have been at the shop the day you and your Dad came by.. I would have enjoyed meeting him and hearing some of the stories he told Lonny.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Time to start planning Midwest Spring Meet 2021.
Spring starts March 20 and ends on Sunday, June 20.
Any suggestions as to where?
I was hoping to get a half day at a race track, if possible.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I was hoping this would be open in time, but it looks like it might have to be fall or next year.

Read about it here:

Check out this video while it's under construction:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Either way, I'm planning a trip to Branson, MO this year with Kaleb. I missed last year and I really wanted to do Branson. I go there all the time for work so it's nothing for me to drive. We may stay is a cabin resort or something this time. Others are welcome to join when I get the plans together. I'm not going to call it the official Spring Meet in case everyone wants to do something different and if everyone does, we may join that one also.

JPas914

I’m in for a track day or cruising. Now that my Goblin is registered, all I need is a location and dates so I can put in for some much needed time off.

ATMironov

Time to start planning Midwest Spring Meet 2021.
Spring starts March 20 and ends on Sunday, June 20.
Any suggestions as to where?
I was hoping to get a half day at a race track, if possible.
I could facilitate a track day, but only in Northern California. :-(