Mirrors

Tim Moland

What are the side view mirrors based on? I came out to a cracked driver's side mirror. I wonder if I can order just the glass. I custom wired the DF ones to green led's and don't really want to do all that work again.

Justin

My driver side mirror is cracked also. It has never been hit or anything just got in the car one day and it was broken. What year cbr 1000rr are they from. Is this a common problem with these mirrors?
20210223_182918.jpg

KSLunsfo

My driver side mirror is cracked also. It has never been hit or anything just got in the car one day and it was broken. What year cbr 1000rr are they from. Is this a common problem with these mirrors?
Mine are brand new so too soon for me to say, but I have heard of this before this thread ever came up.

Tim Moland

My driver side mirror is cracked also. It has never been hit or anything just got in the car one day and it was broken. What year cbr 1000rr are they from. Is this a common problem with these mirrors?View attachment 20862
Wow, I thought you got a picture of mine. Looks the same. I bought these today. We will see how they work.
Screenshot_20210223-215743_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Wes

I had the same issue, mine cracked within the first year. I figured it was just me lol

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Wow, I thought you got a picture of mine. Looks the same. I bought these today. We will see how they work. View attachment 20864
I had some like this that I bought from ebay on one of my bikes about ten years ago. The indicators were super dim and the housing broke on my third trip after install from a rock strike.

For what it's worth, I am running stock GSX-R 600 mirrors on my car and they're solid. The wiring is set up for indicators only though, no marker light function.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Did they work. On my first drive my drivers mirror exploded. I assumed a rock hit it but now I’m not so sure
I had some that looked like the ones @Tim Moland bought on my bike a long time ago. The plastic housing failed after a rock strike less than a week after installation. I spent more time waiting for them to be delivered (slow boat from China) than I had them on the bike.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Used a 5 pin relay on each side to make my two wire mirrors act as both running and turn signal. The running lights are ran on the Normally Closed and the signal wire opens the contact when it flashes. Don't know 100% that it will work though. I did my first power up this last weekend and I don't have High or running/tail lights. I think it might be the lack of the ambient light sensor but haven't have time to trouble shoot.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
My mirror cracked over the winter then cracked again the other week. Makes it pretty much useless. Was going to buy a new set but I haven't seen many folding aftermarket options like there were when I bought my mirrors, and I'd prefer that they fold.

I going to buy this and see if I can get my vinyl cutter to cut through it, I've cut gasket material and thick magnetic material before so judging from the reviews I'm guessing it'll cut it. I'll scan the mirror and trace it's profile then have replaceable "glass" insert. Will have to see how "fun house mirror" looking it is.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
My mirror cracked over the winter then cracked again the other week. Makes it pretty much useless. Was going to buy a new set but I haven't seen many folding aftermarket options like there were when I bought my mirrors, and I'd prefer that they fold.

I going to buy this and see if I can get my vinyl cutter to cut through it, I've cut gasket material and thick magnetic material before so judging from the reviews I'm guessing it'll cut it. I'll scan the mirror and trace it's profile then have replaceable "glass" insert. Will have to see how "fun house mirror" looking it is.

Thats a great idea! Yea I couldnt find folding mirrors anywhere... That is why i sent the DF set back as they did not fold.