Missing hardware from kit

Ross

Goblin Guru
That looks like the e brake handle hardware to me... using on my 2 year old memory when I put that in my kit.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Since my shifter cables were inside the tunnel, I just mounted my handle on top using 3 bolts and 4 spacers. I also trimmed my base to the width of the tunnel, and ended up moving it a few inches forward from it's original spot in this picture. It was uncomfortable to pull when I mounted it too close to the firewall. I had to modify (rebend) the Cobalt cable tubes to get it that far forward.

SwerveMonkey

the three longer bolts are used to secure the handbrake to the tunnel cap in conjunction with the spacers... two per bolt/nut
the two shorter bolt/nuts I have used with cable loops to secure the metal tubing of the donor cable guides to the front of the subframe.
pics in a moment...

I see my response is a bit delayed, but I had similar experience as Ross did. moved the handbrake base more forward, but i did not trim mine... I'm too lazy, ha ha.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Perhaps that is on the earlier model Cobalt, I do have the small clamp being shipped that holds mine down.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Perhaps that is on the earlier model Cobalt, I do have the small clamp being shipped that holds mine down.

You should have a hose clamp that goes all the way around the body of the cylinder and then over top of your machined part on top of the cylinder. See here: