Missouri Registration

Murcielago311

It sounds like as long as you list them on the form and have documentation of purchase you should be good to go.
But I've only ever gone through this kind of thing with a salvage ninja a few years ago.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It sounds like as long as you list them on the form and have documentation of purchase you should be good to go.
But I've only ever gone through this kind of thing with a salvage ninja a few years ago.
This is correct. HAVE SALES RECEIPTS! As long as you can prove that you bought the items or bought a donor for the items, you are good. Take everything with you.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
One observation I’ve made from doing a fair amount of research, the more organized you are, the less trouble they give you. Recommendations I’ve seen include using a binder and putting all your documents in order and in plastic sleeves. If available, print off the state’s registration checklist and put it in there too.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Shoot the first one I built, I literally had the receipt for the donor and the stage 1 and 2 for the goblin. Done.

Nuker-

redtank22

How did the inspection go?
Just finished with it at troop c in STL at 8:40 today. Passed with no problem. Car had no DOT Stamped headlights, no body, 5 point harness, and a transmission that didn’t match the donor vehicle. How ever I did trailer it up there since I was told before that driving it was not a option. On now to submit my vin application. One step closer! Thanks again for everyone on this thread. Was a big help!

Attachments

Sebnuts

Just finished with it at troop c in STL at 8:40 today. Passed with no problem. Car had no DOT Stamped headlights, no body, 5 point harness, and a transmission that didn’t match the donor vehicle. How ever I did trailer it up there since I was told before that driving it was not a option. On now to submit my vin application. One step closer! Thanks again for everyone on this thread. Was a big help!
I'm in Barnhart Mo. We should link up se time. Email address? I
I live in Imperial, work in Festus/Crystal City. Did you guys mess with Cats/evap system? I think they're technically required in Jeffco but I was thinking as long as the ECM was programmed to not throw codes, they would plug it in and pass it regardless.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Most inspections will check more than whether a code is active, but it does vary by state. I would be surprised if any state will let anything through though by simply turning off the code in the tune.

Sebnuts

I worked for the emissions testing station here when I was in high school/college. Back then we actually put cars on a dyno and put probes in the exhaust for the test. It's not like that anymore, now any "certified" shop can do "emissions" tests, which is just a money grab and OBD read.

My donor had a gutted cat with the code turned off and it passed with the current testing methods. What I wasn't sure about is if it really needed to look like it had a cat or not, and it probably varies depending on the person doing the inspection.

Last edited:

jamesm

Goblin Guru
If you live in an emissions county, it will vary based on the shop that does the inspection. Where I live in the SW corner, we don't have the emissions requirement so the state patrol vin check/inspection was good enough. The main thing they care about is making sure none of the parts are stolen so as long as you have your receipts and junk, they aren't too bad to deal with.