MisterDave's - Ext. city Goblin - 09 SS/TC donor

jamesm

Goblin Guru
One of the next things to do is the windscreen. Any tips for installation? Will I need to bend the mounting bracket a little or does it usually fit straight on? Plexi mounts on the inside of the bracket right?
You will probably need to bend it a little to get a nice fit on your hood. It shouldn't take any drastic bends but it will need to "adjusted" to have a nice fit against the hood. I hastily put mine on and ended up scratching the vinyl wrap on the hood.

MisterDave

I did get the wind screen mount on with a little bending, but it seemed to work out. I haven't put the wind screen on yet, but it looks like most people mount them on the inside of the mount.

Now for another question.... WIRING!
Behind the dash I have two wires; a purple and a red. I believe the purple goes to the ACC button and the red would go to an intercooler fan, but I didn't use one. I'm not getting power to these wires and I'm guess I might have blown a fuse. Does anyone know where the fuse for these wires are located? Would it be the fuse box by the engine or the one under the kick plate?

MisterDave

The purple wire is fog... I found the fuse, looked fine. So I'm not really sure why I wasn't getting power to it... maybe something with the switch...
After a quick email and response from Lonny, the red wire is labeled at amp. This fuse is located in the front panel. That fuse was blown... I replaced it and there is power to the wire. Looks like it is always on, not a key-on wire.

MisterDave

I’m hesitant to say it’s finished because there is still a list of things I want to do. But it is now registered and insured and ready for its first drive on public roads. So.... is it finished? I still want to change the way the naca ducts are attached, upgrade the shifter with the new setup I purchased from sactx, and then there are some interior wiring and mounting of accessories. Oh and possibly change the headlights. All of those things are outside of the “kit” so maybe I can say I’m done.... maybe
EB41476D-6F26-4FB1-9F34-04ED63A05CA2.jpeg
71F79CEB-3CAC-4A2C-9A03-CCF81FD0B780.jpeg
BF1B12E0-ED03-4816-BF2E-F8256DBE7A58.jpeg
7E59199D-F7E1-4EBB-B214-1C2EA344D846.jpeg

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I’m hesitant to say it’s finished because there is still a list of things I want to do. But it is now registered and insured and ready for its first drive on public roads. So.... is it finished? I still want to change the way the naca ducts are attached, upgrade the shifter with the new setup I purchased from sactx, and then there are some interior wiring and mounting of accessories. Oh and possibly change the headlights. All of those things are outside of the “kit” so maybe I can say I’m done.... maybeView attachment 22988View attachment 22989View attachment 22990View attachment 22991
That’s the first time l’ve noticed a wing being mounted that way , I like it :)

MisterDave

I wanted to use different naca ducts, but the holes were already cut. This is what I came up with:
Before:
12F82A51-8AEB-4470-9CD6-800BAD5E14AE.jpeg

After:
90070143-D7E7-40F4-8660-B81552C85D4C.jpeg

I plan to wrap the adapter I made to match the car wrap.