MisterDave's - Ext. city Goblin - 09 SS/TC donor

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The MAF should ideally be put in a section of tube that has the best laminar flow. Basically not too close to the filter, near an elbow, or turbo.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Here are the pics you requested. Both levers have three positions. The middle position for both is neutral.

IMG_8441.jpgIMG_8442.jpg

MisterDave

I've noticed in some first start videos that the axles are turning. Mine did this too.... Does this mean that it's not in neutral? It didn't alarm me because I've seen it happen before... Just trying to make sure I have the car set in neutral before I hook up the transmission cables to the stick shift.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It‘s in neutral. When the engine turns, it’s turning parts in the trans. Friction makes other parts turn all the way to the out put. With no resistance on the output (tires on the ground) the shafts will turn.

it’s no big deal. They can actually be stopped by hand, because the force is minimal.

MisterDave

Wheels wheels wheels....
I'm getting to the point that I really wish I had my wheels...
I've spent a lot of time looking at and trying to find wheels. I don't know if it's because of Covid or what, but I'm not getting much response from any retailers. I've called, emailed and used their chat function. I'm either on hold for ever, get no response or the person I get can't look up specific wheel information.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I purchased my wheels (Drag 33) from Discount Tire (https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/drag-dr-33). They were a little confused when I told them I just wanted the tires mounted onto the wheels, but didn't want them installed on the car itself. Took about a week from when I ordered to when I picked them up.
A set of those came on my donor when I bought it! I would've sold you mine really cheap, but they are all curb'd up...

MisterDave

I just got my Konig Tandem 17x9.5 +15 yesterday. They were supposed to be here in 3 days from LA and got them 12 days later.

View attachment 15399

They are sitting 3/4" off the spring in the rear.
Nice!
Are you planning on running fenders?
My difficulty is that I plan to have fenders and I'm trying to get the offset so that the wheel will line up center to the fender. I can do some adjusting once I have the wheels, but I'd like to get it close to start.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Nice!
Are you planning on running fenders?
My difficulty is that I plan to have fenders and I'm trying to get the offset so that the wheel will line up center to the fender. I can do some adjusting once I have the wheels, but I'd like to get it close to start.
I'm going to run a narrower non performance tire with fenders to do the registration process and then pull them off to run these for street use.

Do you have the fenders?

MisterDave

I'm going to run a narrower non performance tire with fenders to do the registration process and then pull them off to run these for street use.

Do you have the fenders?
yes, I have the wide fenders.
I've measured, doubted measurements, measured again, and repeat. I think I have the right measurements now... just have to find a place that will answer the phone or return emails.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
yes, I have the wide fenders.
I've measured, doubted measurements, measured again, and repeat. I think I have the right measurements now... just have to find a place that will answer the phone or return emails.
Well, good luck. Discount and Tire Works were both quick to help, but neither could get the tandem in under 1 mo. The Toyo R1R's were a problem also.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
This thread has me thinking that I might as well just order spacers now. I am almost certain my wheels won't clear the springs in the back.

Once I get my springs, I'll know for sure, so I'll just hold off until then.