MisterDave's - Ext. city Goblin - 09 SS/TC donor

MisterDave

This thread has me thinking that I might as well just order spacers now. I am almost certain my wheels won't clear the springs in the back.

Once I get my springs, I'll know for sure, so I'll just hold off until then.
What is the offset of your wheels?

MisterDave

Trying to put my seatbelts in... the hardware with the seat belts only had bolts and split washers... no nuts. Where are my nuts?
Where there supposed to be nuts in that bag, or should there be a bag from DF that has them?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Did you keep your donor nuts, bolts, washers, etc.? There should be some nuts in there that will work for the seatbelts bolts.
The inboard side belt bolts to the welded nut inside the center tunnel, so no nuts needed there.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
What is the offset of your wheels?
Looks like +28mm on an 18x10 5x114.3 Saleen Replica wheel from American Muscle. It's going to be very close, probably safest to just get spacers.

*edit* My rears are 18x10, 5x114.3 Saleen Replicas, originally chrome but the previous owner stripped them and made them a more classy polished aluminum finish, which is why I bought them. Fronts are the same, just 18x8 instead.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/chromesaleen1.html

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Did you keep your donor nuts, bolts, washers, etc.? There should be some nuts in there that will work for the seatbelts bolts.
The inboard side belt bolts to the welded nut inside the center tunnel, so no nuts needed there.
That is also a 7/16-20 (fine thread) bolt, not provided.

MisterDave

Looks like +28mm on an 18x10 5x114.3 Saleen Replica wheel from American Muscle. It's going to be very close, probably safest to just get spacers.

*edit* My rears are 18x10, 5x114.3 Saleen Replicas, originally chrome but the previous owner stripped them and made them a more classy polished aluminum finish, which is why I bought them. Fronts are the same, just 18x8 instead.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/chromesaleen1.html
You might be ok... my measurements to center the wheel in the wide fenders is an offset of 26mm in the front and 48mm in the rear. I am looking at a set of wheel that have a 25 offset and a 45. That should get me close enough that I can use washers or spacers to get the fenders right at center.

MisterDave

That is also a 7/16-20 (fine thread) bolt, not provided.
I think I've figured out that I am missing bag M14C "Race Seat Mount Set." I am guessing that probably has the bolts I'm looking for.

MisterDave

What would you do?
Last night I was finished up the turbo inter cooler plumbing and pressure tested it... it held air.... so I decided to fill it with coolant. All seemed good. Tonight I was looking over the car and saw a small puddle under the front of the car. It looks like there is a slow leak right where the plastic elbows thread into the inter-cooler radiator. First thought was maybe there is a sealant I can use to just seal around this fitting. I'm thinking that's the wrong way to do it. So I am guessing I should empty the system and disconnect those hoses, unscrew the elbow and then try to screw them back in with a better seal. maybe a little more plumber's tape...

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Sorry. Drain it. Dry it. Use sealant and carefully screw it in.
But before you do that, make sure any hose clamps are tight and seated properly.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If a replacement is warranted; brass fittings to replace the plastic ones would be good piece of mind against UV deterioration, plus future fatigue and potential breakage. Any hardware store may have them or order online. :)

MisterDave

What should I use for sealant? I thought plumbers tape would do it, but maybe I wasn’t generous enough. Should I use only thread locker instead?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I used this. Although if I was pulling it apart, I’d try to find metal fittings. The plastic ones make me nervous for future failure.

Anks329

I think I've figured out that I am missing bag M14C "Race Seat Mount Set." I am guessing that probably has the bolts I'm looking for.
Did you figure out the contents of this bag? I’m trying to install my racing seats and not sure where this bag went or if I’m missing it. But would be useful to know what the bolts I should be using.

MisterDave

Did you figure out the contents of this bag? I’m trying to install my racing seats and not sure where this bag went or if I’m missing it. But would be useful to know what the bolts I should be using.
I was mistaken, what I thought was bag M14C was actually the inventory code for the seat mount brackets themselves. I asked Adam about it and he said that the nuts and bolts usually come packaged with the seat-belt harness. He wasn't sure why corbeau only sent bolts. He sent me the correct nuts to use.
I did end up having to cut the bolts a little to fit better.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you are riveting your side panels to the frame, be sure to put the nuts on the outside of the belt attachment points. Otherwise the bolts may be too long to remove from the gap between the bracket and your side panels.

MisterDave

I’m looking at the hardware bag for the parking brake kit. Can anyone tell me the correct place to use these 4 large washers?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Watching with interest, as I am probably going to assemble that stuff this weekend, assuming I get my hardware baggie today/tomorrow.

Are you planning to cut your tunnel into separate pieces? I think I'm going to drill two new rivet holes in the tunnel right behind the shifter, and cut it between the holes.

MisterDave

Watching with interest, as I am probably going to assemble that stuff this weekend, assuming I get my hardware baggie today/tomorrow.

Are you planning to cut your tunnel into separate pieces? I think I'm going to drill two new rivet holes in the tunnel right behind the shifter, and cut it between the holes.
I did not cut my tunnel. I did have to trim the panels behind the seats to make enough room for the parking brake tubes to pass through. I didn't rivet my tunnel, I ended up threading the holes and putting screws in. I like the idea of being able to open that tunnel up again in the future.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
I’m looking at the hardware bag for the parking brake kit. Can anyone tell me the correct place to use these 4 large washers?
Maybe those washers are to help even out the 2 brake cables?