Modern Performance

Chris Eggert

The modern Performance 2 stage launch control/Wide open throttle shift control box is on sale until the first of the year.

https://www.modernperformance.com/product/N2MB_WOT_Box_2_Step_Launch_Control_No_Lift_Shift/universal-items-electronics

I bought one because I will be doing quite a bit of drag racing with my Goblin. It will take some getting used to on the WOT shift and some playing around with the 2 stage launch control to get it hooking up the way it needs to. Will be interesting and If I dont like it I can always take it out and use it on another vehicle since it works with such a wide variety of cars....or resale it and still be able to get my money back since it is on sale...

JSATX

Goblin Guru
The thing that worries me is when it talked about wiring to the ignition coils. I spent several days attempting to get a tach signal from there and was completely unsuccessful.

George

Goblin Guru
I have a Split-Sec signal amplifier you can try, just let me know. with this unit you can even get a tach signal from the fuel injector

Brad

Last edited:

Chris Eggert

I haven't even looked over the installation instructions for it yet. I still have a ton of work to do stripping my donor. Then rebuilding the engine, transmission and the supercharger is going to eat up alot of time. The transmission rebuild is going to be very interesting, but I will be doing it at a friends transmission shop with him watching over everything I do...lol Im using his tools and his experience to make sure I get it right, since I have never seen the inside of an F35 transmission. Ive never rebuilt a 5 speed at all in my life, but I will be doing one soon...lol

Chris Eggert

Take lots of pictures for us.
Im considering just wearing my GoPro the entire time I'm stripping the donor, modifying the parts and building the Goblin. That way people wont have to miss all the foul language, any of the busted knuckles or any of my Screw-ups along the way...lol

I should probably start a Youtube channel for this, Some of it is going to be hilarious

Dreamer

Im considering just wearing my GoPro the entire time I'm stripping the donor, modifying the parts and building the Goblin. That way people wont have to miss all the foul language, any of the busted knuckles or any of my Screw-ups along the way...lol

I should probably start a Youtube channel for this, Some of it is going to be hilarious
I'll subscribe to your channel!

Chris Eggert

I'll subscribe to your channel!
I was finishing up getting some heat installed in my garage yesterday. Went to move my big rollaway toolbox with the two top boxes....ran over a small gravel or something in the floor, Dumped all three of those boxes full of tools over in the floor. Spent the next hour and a half cussing, bitching, laughing at myself and picking up tools....

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I was finishing up getting some heat installed in my garage yesterday. Went to move my big rollaway toolbox with the two top boxes....ran over a small gravel or something in the floor, Dumped all three of those boxes full of tools over in the floor. Spent the next hour and a half cussing, bitching, laughing at myself and picking up tools....
I have been there and done that! I had to buy a new upper box it fell off and bent drawers. Lesson learned and i now read that sticker that says lock drawers before moving. I think I will fix that in the future by buying a 72" roller cabinet and no top box.

Chris Eggert

I have been there and done that! I had to buy a new upper box it fell off and bent drawers. Lesson learned and i now read that sticker that says lock drawers before moving. I think I will fix that in the future by buying a 72" roller cabinet and no top box.
I had a Snap-on 72" box and a 56" that I sold when I moved back to Tennessee. Now I wish I had kept them. I have all the tools out of those two boxes in a Craftsman 3 box set and they are not organized at all...

Dreamer

I have been in similar situations! Probably spent just as much time fixing a mistake or cleaning up an accident as I have making progress on projects. I think it could be a whole new segment on America's Funniest Videos.

Chris Eggert

I have been in similar situations! Probably spent just as much time fixing a mistake or cleaning up an accident as I have making progress on projects. I think it could be a whole new segment on America's Funniest Videos.
Its always an interesting time when im working on something. Im extremely OCD on things being done right, so I may put something together then check it a couple of times to make sure its right. I guess thats what made me so good as an Airframe & Powerplant mechanic that I was requested by name for so many projects. Do it right the first time, but check it 5 times to make sure its right...lol

Tinkles

That is my plan. Instead of doing a build thread on different forums, do a build vlog on Youtube and just throw the links around to anyone who feels like watching.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I had a Snap-on 72" box and a 56" that I sold when I moved back to Tennessee. Now I wish I had kept them. I have all the tools out of those two boxes in a Craftsman 3 box set and they are not organized at all...
I have looked at this design a few times and have seriously considered something similar for a new work bench. https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269254 Then just a small tool cart for the specific job that I am working on.

Chris Eggert

I have looked at this design a few times and have seriously considered something similar for a new work bench. https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269254 Then just a small tool cart for the specific job that I am working on.
I actually thought about doing something similar down the left hand wall of my garage. When they built the garage they built the walls on each side of the Garage almost 6 feet from the edge of the garage doors. Right hand side they built a bathroom, closet and in the back they put kitchen cabinets with a sink. Left hand side the ran the electrical for a welder and put in a 220 outlet for it at the front. It just has a blank wall all the way to the back down that side. Its a 2 car oversized garage, part of the reason I bought the place....well it was a BIG reason I bought the place 38' x 42' garage...lol

Chris Eggert

That is a nice size garage. That would of sold me on it too.
I got the heater installed today and it was actually in the 50's outside. Going to be putting the donor in the garage as soon as I get the recalls done on it. New parts for free that will be used in the Goblin build...

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
What kind of heat did you put in? I want to do a waste oil burner type. I could power it for very little We generate a lot of waste oil at work. Just the cost of it is a deterrent $5k when my heating and a/c guy got me a used gas furnace for $0

Chris Eggert

What kind of heat did you put in? I want to do a waste oil burner type. I could power it for very little We generate a lot of waste oil at work. Just the cost of it is a deterrent $5k when my heating and a/c guy got me a used gas furnace for $0
I put in a 30,000 BTU Blue flame propane heater. Thermostat controlled with a built in blower fan. It should do a pretty good jpb on heating the garage with the 3 ceiling fans helping move the air around. Plumbed the gas line out through one of the windows to a 100 gallon propane tank. I used a 30 feet of rubber propane gas lines from the tank to the heater. That way I can just roll it up and store it inside the garage with the tank in the warmer months. Cost me $60.00 to get the tank filled up yesterday. So Im ready for the Tennessee winter which should be starting soon and run until March...

KJP

The modern Performance 2 stage launch control/Wide open throttle shift control box is on sale until the first of the year.

https://www.modernperformance.com/product/N2MB_WOT_Box_2_Step_Launch_Control_No_Lift_Shift/universal-items-electronics

I bought one because I will be doing quite a bit of drag racing with my Goblin. It will take some getting used to on the WOT shift and some playing around with the 2 stage launch control to get it hooking up the way it needs to. Will be interesting and If I dont like it I can always take it out and use it on another vehicle since it works with such a wide variety of cars....or resale it and still be able to get my money back since it is on sale...
Have you used one of these in the past? I am debating picking one up as well I was really dissapointed about launch control going away on my TC but this would work in it's place.