Modify Radiator Fan On

ToxicBill

I'm trying to modify when the radiator fans turns on. I'm running the fan from DF which I believe to be discrete. To me, this means it's either on or off.

I've looked through the tune file and I can't find a setting that indicates a single settings for the radiator fan turn on temp. Instead, there is a table that commands fan% based on ECT. With the stock settings, the fan doesn't turn on, even up 201-203F.

I changed the fan desired to be 100 all the way across and the fan would then turn on no matter how cold the engine was.

I changed the 192.2 settings to 0 but left everything at 100. The fan kicked on around 194F and cooled down to 181F but the fan remained on.

What am I missing here?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Took me a while to figure that out too.
I left my notes here... but your car is a little different.
Can you find the relay controls? State vs Desired % table?
That is what I modified.

ToxicBill

I don't appear to have the relay controls that area shown in your screenshots. I'll look around some more.

Assuming I can't find the relay controls - I think the built-in value for turn on is 50 and here is why - my current setting for 192.2 is 0 and 195.8 is 100. Half way between 192.2 and 195.8 is 194.0 which would correlate to 50. More testing to be done on that. Now, I need to find the turn off point.

Thanks @Ross

ToxicBill

OK . . . so, I learned something. In order to see the relay controls, you have to be in the Advanced view.

I have been using my laptop but decided to install the software on my desktop and I selected Advanced during the install, loaded up my tune file, and *poof* . . . there were my settings.

I'm not sure why I would have selected Basic on my laptop . . . .

My life just changed!

Last edited: