MOOG K201285 bushings

Meansol

So I ordered two of these bushing from Amazon for my LNF goblin and got two different color bushing. Gold and silver. They measure out pretty close to the same except the big outside rings is slightly larger on the the gold one. (see first couple of pictures). I dont think it will be an issue, but I contact Amazon to see how I can contact the seller to confirm if they both would work but they where not helpful and only offered refund/discount/replacements. So I decided to see what the replacements would look like. And once again I got one gold and one silver :rolleyes:

I held onto the first two, but I need to return them soon though. The gold all look used, you can see scratches on the inner ring like a bolt has been through there.

The Silver all have the MOOG61121100 markings, darker gold has MOOG61120280, lighter gold has MOOG61120340

I was going to use the two silver ones and returning the two gold ones, mostly because the gold ones look installed and removed previously. But I read on here that since these LCA are aluminum the gold plating acts as a barrier to prevent corrosions.?. any truth to that?

Anyone else run into similar issue? If anyone still has a few laying around what part numbers do you have on your bushing, and do you remember if yours was gold or silver?

Attachments

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I doubt any those are used, just thrown handled roughly. I would press out the old ones and see which ones are the closest in size.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
When I ordered mine they came in looking exactly like the gold ones on the outside. I don't remember them looking scratched up on the inside or anything like that though. With the parts you have, whichever seems to be the best fit, I wouldn't hesitate to run them based on those cosmetics.

gofast

I ordered a pair of these Moog K201285 a while back from Rock Auto and they are a matched pair. The number is: 61110015. The color appears closest to your light gold and shaped the same. Perhaps you may want to contact Moog directly and get some clarification. One would expect them all to be the same. As pictured, they are not.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
There are also a lot of reports of counterfeit car parts on both eBay and Amazon. I’ll use eBay for some parts but if the price is close I order from rockauto

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
There’s a lot of counterfeit out there. I think that’s why moog’s rep when into the ******* due to “bad parts”.

gofast

I know this is off subject, but if you want an education on counterfeit parts, google counterfeit bearings. I anguished over this when I needed an axle shaft carrier bearing.

Meansol

Thanks, I'll try contacting MOOG directly. Im thinking the numbers are just batch numbers. To me the boots on the gold ones are a better design.