Motegi MR133

ColoradoCryptoTrader

Hey everyone, my frame is coming in a week and here is what I have picked out for wheels - still deciding on tire brand.

Motegi MR133 hyper silver 17x9.5 5x4.5 25mm
US Wheel adapters 5x110 to 5x4.5 25mm thick

I plan on running 275/40R17 all around (tire diameter is 25.7" compared to the stock 25").

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You will want to be close to the stock tire diameter of 25 inches. Taller tires will harm your gear ratio and change the speedometer reading to read slower than actual speed. Slightly shorter tires will improve acceleration, but also make the speedometer read faster. BTW, those are very sharp looking rims, great choice! :D

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
You will want to be close to the stock tire diameter of 25 inches. Taller tires will harm your gear ratio and change the speedometer reading to read slower than actual speed. Slightly shorter tires will improve acceleration, but also make the speedometer read faster. BTW, those are very sharp looking rims, great choice! :D
Speedometer correction is pretty simple though:

Scott #321

Nice wheels, looks like your opting for adaptors rather than redrilling hubs. Nearly identical wheel specs to mine and I run them without adaptors.

Scott #321

Mine are 17X9.5 +20mm MST Suzuka wheels and they are close but clear the front and rear at least using the bca coilovers and steering limiter kit df sells.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Forgestar will make wheels to your specs. No adaptor needed.

tires, I would recommend a very sticky tire, like a toyo r888r. With a turbo car you’ll be able to break tires loose at will. You really need to go very sticky.

ColoradoCryptoTrader

Nice wheels, looks like your opting for adaptors rather than redrilling hubs. Nearly identical wheel specs to mine and I run them without adaptors.
I was planning on getting VORS SP1 in 5x110 and I ordered all new hubs and my kit in 5x110. So I just went with adapters last minute. I was worried about the safety of using adapters but I think it should be just fine if I install them properly. The MR133 I found were only $167 each and the adapters were $200 so this will save me a few bucks in the end.

Last edited:

ColoradoCryptoTrader

I am seeing that 275/40R17 is 25.7" I will probably do that and just live with the speedo

KSLunsfo

Another thought, and I know the adapters picture is just a stock photo. But I notice they don't appear to have a wheel-centric feature, might be hub-centric at least.

I personally bought adapters that you could specify diameters for hub and wheel concentricity.

ColoradoCryptoTrader

Another thought, and I know the adapters picture is just a stock photo. But I notice they don't appear to have a wheel-centric feature, might be hub-centric at least.

I personally bought adapters that you could specify diameters for hub and wheel concentricity.
You are correct, the adapters I ordered are lug-centric

Last edited:

PaulPerger

I was planning on getting VORS SP1 in 5x110 and I ordered all new hubs and my kit in 5x110. So I just went with adapters last minute. I was worried about the safety of using adapters but I think it should be just fine if I install them properly. The MR133 I found were only $167 each and the adapters were $200 so this will save me a few bucks in the end.
Where did you find these for $167 Each?

Corgithulhu

I was worried about the safety of using adapters but I think it should be just fine if I install them properly.
I am also running 25mm adapters. Torque them down first, put the wheels on, then run around for maybe 50 miles or so. Enough to get heat in the brakes and hubs a few times. Then take the wheels off, and check torque on the spacer lug nuts. Put the wheels back on, run it a little longer, then check the wheels' torque. You should be good to go after that.

ColoradoCryptoTrader

I am also running 25mm adapters. Torque them down first, put the wheels on, then run around for maybe 50 miles or so. Enough to get heat in the brakes and hubs a few times. Then take the wheels off, and check torque on the spacer lug nuts. Put the wheels back on, run it a little longer, then check the wheels' torque. You should be good to go after that.
awesome will do!!

I couldn't get the MR133's in the bolt pattern I wanted so I ended up with VORS TR4 17x9 so that is cool.

Last edited: