Motor runs great BUT no boost

Stanley Bryant

Hello, I found a Turbo SS cobalt 09 and the car runs great drive great but there is no boost or pop off valve noise what could be wrong are where do I start to look thanks in advance guys.

Christopher Sanchez

How does the car react when you drive it? Could be charged piping loose or disconnected. Id think the car would fall on its face when put underload without boost. Check vacuum lines on turbo stock cars have recirculating valves attached to the turbo

Stanley Bryant

How does the car react when you drive it? Could be charged piping loose or disconnected. Id think the car would fall on its face when put underload without boost. Check vacuum lines on turbo stock cars have recirculating valves attached to the turbo
Sorry just seen this. The car runs great just the boost gauge what go over the 0 mark a couple of times it did and I don't here the pop off value either thank for your help

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Sorry just seen this. The car runs great just the boost gauge what go over the 0 mark a couple of times it did and I don't here the pop off value either thank for your help
Sure sounds like a leak between the turbo and the intake. Lots of places to look - charge pipes, intercooler. Cracks, poor hose clamps.
A smoke test would help trace down any leaks. Don't know if you have the time or access to the car to perform that.

Stanley Bryant

Sure sounds like a leak between the turbo and the intake. Lots of places to look - charge pipes, intercooler. Cracks, poor hose clamps.
A smoke test would help trace down any leaks. Don't know if you have the time or access to the car to perform that.
Going to buy it because the cost is right and the car is clean with only 109k miles I can replace turbo and still win thanks again I will do that smoke test asap.