Motoracer Colorado Street Extended - 2009 SS/TC

Motoracer110

Do not forget your shifter cables like i did. You will need the plastic connectors to attach the shifter to the DF supplied cables.
thank you got the shifter and cables out. I pulled everything for the e brake as well just in case.
there is two items that were not mentioned in the video that im wondering if i will need.

this part in the engine bay that feeds the brake lines

and this box that the fuel harness plugged into. Its a big electrical box just behind the rear axial
thank you all

Christopher Sanchez

thank you got the shifter and cables out. I pulled everything for the e brake as well just in case.
there is two items that were not mentioned in the video that im wondering if i will need.
View attachment 8232
this part in the engine bay that feeds the brake lines

View attachment 8233
and this box that the fuel harness plugged into. Its a big electrical box just behind the rear axial
thank you all
The part in the engine bay is for ABS and probably stability control as well you do not need it, just remember that turbo models run one of the data wires to this plug then to the pcm. Just make a mental note for when you thin the harness. (I also mistakenly cut and removed this wire on accident) the box near the fuel tank is also discarded I believe it’s for emissions.

Christopher Sanchez

Update: a good week of vacation is over and now back at it. Kit number 148 is in line whaoo! I guess orders are coming in like crazy at DF and the wait is like mid june so got plenty of time to prep my parts. Im starting video 8 for the rear end break down then the donor is gone at the end of the week.
This is insane! I have frame 107 and that was just late September!! They are keeping busy over in red oaks!

Motoracer110

Update:
Well My worst fear has arrived. I pulled the head off the engine and cylinder #1 is cracked.........looks like ill be getting a new engine unfortunately

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I have a 2008 TC engine and F35 (non-G85) trans combo with 131,000 miles for sale. Ran great before donor disassembly. Looking for $1500 OBO for both. I'm in Phoenix and the car was from El Paso so essentially little rust or corrosion.

Motoracer110

Thank u all for the help and support. Desert I appreciate the offer, but I think I’m just going to buy new and be done with the thought of engine problems. The two I am eyeing are

And the other one is

I was going to get the first one just wanted all of your opinions

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
On the first one, I’ve purchased a few things from Jeff Reiland. You might want to contact him directly and see if he’ll knock the price down a little. You can find him on facebook. He sells lots of ecotec stuff there too.

Motoracer110

New Engine has arrived. just need to order new flywheel and clutch then transfer transmission over. Im also going to order a new engine wire harness there is a lot of split and cut wires from my donor so ill start fresh with that.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
My new LNF is sitting on an engine stand in my garage. To me it was worth the price to have new and reliable (and shiny) rather than an engine that has an unknown history with 131,000 miles on it.

Did you find a transmission yet? I still have the F35 for sale.

Motoracer110

My new LNF is sitting on an engine stand in my garage. To me it was worth the price to have new and reliable (and shiny) rather than an engine that has an unknown history with 131,000 miles on it.

Did you find a transmission yet? I still have the F35 for sale.
Heck yea, even a stock turbo swap would have been half the price of the engine and this comes with a new turbo so it’s a no brainer for sure. Thank you I will be pulling the tranny off the old engine I don’t see any damage so should be good to go. I will be getting the clutch and flywheel ordered no need to used the old one. I’m excited to see how your f40 works out

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I've been keeping tabs on KLMotorsports (Ken Leiker) build, since he was the first frame build by DF with the F40 trans modification. I am sure if he runs into any snags it will be communicated, so someone like me with a slower build will not make the same mistakes.

Your build should be really great now that you are getting past the surprises from your donor. Have you decided on a color scheme yet?

Motoracer110

I've been keeping tabs on KLMotorsports (Ken Leiker) build, since he was the first frame build by DF with the F40 trans modification. I am sure if he runs into any snags it will be communicated, so someone like me with a slower build will not make the same mistakes.

Your build should be really great now that you are getting past the surprises from your donor. Have you decided on a color scheme yet?
I hope everything goes smooth from here on out. I worked on my wire harness for about 10 hrs and got to the very end of the video and there was a wire that needed to be cut, but i couldn't identify it so talking to the guys at DF my wires can be a bit different from the videos because I had Anti lock brakes model of car so I put down everything and sent them the wire harness to Finnish. I know I would have hooked everything up and something would not work and I wouldn't be able to figure it out. I guess they charge a bit more if the harness has already been worked so i should have done that from the beginning but will have piece of mind with electrical that it should work. Im powder coating the frame black and was looking at a wrap called Avery lime green that looks great with black.
here is a photo of the color

Then in the future will probably keep changing wraps to different colors for fun.

Motoracer110

The long awaited update: last weekend made the 12 hr drive to Texas and man was it worth it. Lonny and Adam are first class guys with tons of knowledge. lots of their machines they designed themselves very impressive. Seeing the operation was very cool and they love to help which is hard to find with most companies these days. Having never seen a goblin in person finally being able to see one and ride in one was way cool. I cant believe how fast these are it made me feel like a kid again nothing but smiles. One of the best decision purchases I have made!

image5.jpeg

I started putting parts in the car Thursday and today I almost have the engine started! Everything is going together faster than expected ill have to get stage 2 ordered soon after i sell some more stuff ;)