Mountain View, Arkansas Meetup

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member

Hello Goblin family!

I know this is last minute but DF Kit Car will be hosting a meetup at our house in Mountain View near the end of October. October 22-24, 2021
We have plenty of room to park and hang out if and when you want to take a break from driving. (Bring lawn chairs)
Feel free to use our house as a home base and a location to organize group drives to explore the Ozarks.

Who is invited?
Kit car enthusiasts! Goblins, Sevens, Birkins, Caterhams, Exocets and you do not even have to have a finished car to attend.

Lodging
There are cabins, hotels, and RV parks all over the Mountain View area that are only minutes from our house and the surrounding mountain roads are all two-lane and Goblin approved.
Lodging

Food

There are several great restaurants in and around Mountain View.
Restaurants

We are going to have dinner catered at our house Saturday evening.

There are tourist trap stores and restaurants, and an ice cream shop all within walking distance of the stone county courthouse. The courthouse usually has live music playing most weekends and an occasional car show.

Exploring the Ozarks
From Mountain View, there are several great driving loops that will bring you right back to town. The link below is an easy map to follow just don't miss your turns or you may be late for dinner.

Scavenger hunt
Driving around twisty mountain roads is awesome and to make it even more awesome we are going to have a scavenger hunt.
We are going to put together a scavenger hunt of places that you can search for and take pictures of your car in front of, so you better do your Mountain View homework.
Your name will be placed into a drawing for each place you find.
(This is not a timed event! No speeding!)
We will draw for prizes after dinner on Saturday.

I will update this with more information quite often so be sure to check back.

This is our first DF Kit Car meetup so some of the information will likely change as we work on getting it organized.

It will help to have a rough headcount so if you will be attending let me know below.

Attendees (maybe)

Chad +1
Ross +1
Nuker (maybe)
James +1
Tim +1
Wesley
jeremy +1
Curtis +1
Brenda +1(Lonny)
Adam+1
Jeff (maybe)
Brad (maybe)
Suede +1 (maybe)

Dale +1 (maybe)
Brian

Thanks
DF Kit Car

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Congrats on your new home!
I look forward to seeing it.
I will be bringing a plus one, just not sure if it will be Ian or Alice.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Arc :D, when you make the trip, you can crash at my place, and save the cost of a hotel room and meals. We can travel the last 4 hours to Lonny's place. If you manage to get 3 more Goblin owners in your parade, we have rooms for them too. Serious offer, now you just have to plan the parade.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Impossible, unfortunately. I am in the middle of two big projects at work and won't be able to take time off to drive all the way out there. I wish I could though!

Dale E

And think about all those more than a 1000 people families and support folks that traveled those distances just to waste their race tires and gas at the SCCA Nationals this week in Lincoln, Nebraska. And they do it every year for multi years. Good times and family atmosphere. If you all can make it, then do it. Oh, and there were no Goblins at nationals, unless they drove in to observe.

Dale

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
And think about all those more than a 1000 people families and support folks that traveled those distances just to waste their race tires and gas at the SCCA Nationals this week in Lincoln, Nebraska. And they do it every year for multi years. Good times and family atmosphere. If you all can make it, then do it. Oh, and there were no Goblins at nationals, unless they drove in to observe.

Dale
Maybe this should be a new goal for someone to get to the nationals to run (E mod?) and maybe bring home a trophy! DF sponsorship? :)

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Sounds like fun! As of right now, we're planning on joining in around lunchtime on Saturday and be around most of the day on Sunday.

My in-laws live down that way, there are tons of great routes and some beautiful country.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If you plan on staying in Mountain View for a night or two, it would be a good idea to get lodging figured out as soon as possible. I just realized that Mountain View is having it's 39th annual bean festival and outhouse race the same weekend.

I don't expect the festival will be anywhere near as big as it has been pre-covid, but who knows.

Lonny