Mountain View, Arkansas Meetup

FieroReinke

posted this on the Locostusa.com seven forum. not sure yet if I will be able to make it or not. I have been planning a gathering similar to the event we had in Lake of the Ozarks, but this time in Eminence MO. With how close that is to Mountain View, I may have to adjust my routes to include a route through there. Lonny, I will be reaching out to you as I get more details on the routes.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
A
If you plan on staying in Mountain View for a night or two, it would be a good idea to get lodging figured out as soon as possible. I just realized that Mountain View is having it's 39th annual bean festival and outhouse race the same weekend.

I don't expect the festival will be anywhere near as big as it has been pre-covid, but who knows.

Lonny
And I thought I heard it all while living in NW Arkansas...The 8th Annual Squirrel Cook Off runs at the end of September each year in Bentonville....o_O...Beans sounds much better than squirrel...

Tim Moland

If you plan on staying in Mountain View for a night or two, it would be a good idea to get lodging figured out as soon as possible. I just realized that Mountain View is having it's 39th annual bean festival and outhouse race the same weekend.

I don't expect the festival will be anywhere near as big as it has been pre-covid, but who knows.

Lonny
My mind is racing. Lol. Lonny, weld us up a rickshaw with a commode on it. We can get a Goblin team together. We can call it "we got the runs" lol

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Hello forum members.
If you are attending or even thinking about attending PM me so we can contact you directly with updates.
I will start a list of potential cars and car occupants at the top. If you are attending and I miss your name PM me and let me know.
Lonny

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Looks like I'll have to stay in the ghetto Days Inn. One of the places I called said that they were booked for this particular weekend since last year. This festival must be a gas.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Looks like I'll have to stay in the ghetto Days Inn. One of the places I called said that they were booked for this particular weekend since last year. This festival must be a gas.
I've had great stays with AirBnb. You may want to look into that option. Y'all enjoy!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I just booked at this place. It's a bit overkill for us, but it's better that a dive motel.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Okay, I think we (Brother and I) are set going to trailer it down, I don't want to freeze my balls off. I have repeating nightmares about that Dallas trip LOL

Nuker-

Brenda

Administrator
Staff member
I need to get a head count of everyone that is coming next weekend for catering purposes... Just incase Lonny hasn't posted this yet, we are in a dry county... So you can't buy alcohol in Mountain View, so feel free to bring your own alcohol....
Thanks,
Brenda

Ross

Goblin Guru
My attendance numbers are the same as in Lonny's first post of this thread. Just Alice & me.
Has Lonny been slacking, and the first post isn't up to date?

Scott #321

Bummer I really wanted to attend this even found a nice rural air B&B country cottage before wife informed me she had already signed a contract to do an estate sale that weekend. Hope you all have a great time.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
My wife and I are still planning to be down mid day on Saturday.

Do we know what route(s) we're planning for the weekend?

Brenda

Administrator
Staff member
My attendance numbers are the same as in Lonny's first post of this thread. Just Alice & me.
Has Lonny been slacking, and the first post isn't up to date?
Just a few added to the list, Lonny has been very busy with videos and getting a car finish for us to drive next week..

Brenda

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I are still planning to be down mid day on Saturday.

Do we know what route(s) we're planning for the weekend?
After the race tomorrow he will be able to take a break and post the itinerary for next weekend...