Mountain View, Arkansas Meetup

Brenda

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer I really wanted to attend this even found a nice rural air B&B country cottage before wife informed me she had already signed a contract to do an estate sale that weekend. Hope you all have a great time.
Bummer, hopefully you can make it to the next one!

JERMzSS

I need to get a head count of everyone that is coming next weekend for catering purposes... Just incase Lonny hasn't posted this yet, we are in a dry county... So you can't buy alcohol in Mountain View, so feel free to bring your own alcohol....
Thanks,
Brenda
We are still coming!

I'm not allowed to drink. Last time I had margaritas I got in trouble for trying to raise money to start a miniature horse racing league.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Are there activities planned for Friday? I have a feeling I should have made Thursday my travel day instead.

I still plan on being there Friday afternoon.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Are there activities planned for Friday? I have a feeling I should have made Thursday my travel day instead.

I still plan on being there Friday afternoon.
We will probably go on a couple of drives Friday, one in the morning and one in mid-afternoon.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
@Lonny We won't be in until Friday night around 9-10pm as I have to work this week, Any issue with booking a place more south around the lake, it seems that has the best availability left besides the 25mile drive? Which will just be extra fun :D

Nuker-

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
@Lonny We won't be in until Friday night around 9-10pm as I have to work this week, Any issue with booking a place more south around the lake, it seems that has the best availability left besides the 25mile drive? Which will just be extra fun :D

Nuker-
I don't see an issue.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few more days!

It looks like we are getting out of Red Oak and heading up to Mountain View Thursday night. So Friday we are going to have a couple of scheduled drives. Saturday there are a lot of options to choose from so we are leaving it up to you guys to put together group drives, hunt down locations for the scavenger hunt, or check out the Bean Festival.

There are more things to do than there is time for, I wish we had an extra day. Just make sure you are back at our house Saturday for dinner around 6.

Here is the itinerary.

Friday
For those of you that get to Mountain View early Friday, we are going to head out at 10:00 AM to do the White River Loop. Click on the link and find route #3 for a description. The round trip takes about 1.5 hours. This will put us back in Mountain View for lunch.

Around 2:00 PM we are going to take another drive up to Norfork. This is route 1 Push Mountain Road. We should be back around 5:00 PM.

If you arrive while we are out driving feel free to track us down or hang out at our house until we get back or head down the mountain to downtown Mountain View.

Saturday
If you are interested in the scavenger hunt you can find a list of clues on the DF Kitcar forum Saturday morning. Solve the clues and take a selfie at the locations. For each solved location selfie, you get your name entered in a drawing for prizes. We will draw for prizes after dinner.

Sunday
Quite a few of us have a long drive back. We might head to town and get some breakfast before heading out. We can figure that out later.

Friday and Saturday
You may also want to set aside some time for the 39th annual bean fest & championship outhouse races.

One more thing.
If you want an adult beverage you better bring it with you. Mountain View is dry and the nearest liquor stores are expensive.

Tim Moland

I need to get a head count of everyone that is coming next weekend for catering purposes... Just incase Lonny hasn't posted this yet, we are in a dry county... So you can't buy alcohol in Mountain View, so feel free to bring your own alcohol....
Thanks,
Brenda
Val and I are still coming

Brenda

Administrator
Staff member
We gave the caterer a head count but we will have extra incase anyone wants to pop in...

Brenda

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Would love to be able to attend. Perhaps next time, work won't be as hectic and I can make plans to come out.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Would someone please post what route(s) y’all are planning on driving tomorrow? We’re planning to be down around lunch time and we’d like to meet up with the group.

Ross

Goblin Guru
We are doing a scavenger hunt tomorrow. I'm not really sure how it works, but feel free to call or text me.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
The Scavenger Hunt
Take photos or complete objectives to earn raffle tickets for a chance to win Goblin stuff.

Post your photos here on this forum thread so that we can all see them. If you don't have a data connection, run by the house and use our wifi:
Name: TP-Link_5B66_5G or TP-Link_5B66
Password: 56514087

There will be a ticket given to whoever has the highest voted photo here on the forum. This means we need everybody to vote on images, whether you are at the event or not!

Photo Ops:
  • Get a photo of your Goblin in front of one of the many "Steep and Crooked - Drive with Care" road signs (limit one ticket)
  • Get a photo of your Goblin in front of a restaurant (one ticket for each restaurant you get)
  • A photo on Swinging Bridge (limit one ticket)
  • A photo of you in front of the Blanchard Spring flowing from the cave. A short walk is required. (limit one ticket)
  • A photo of the JFK Overlook (limit one ticket)
  • A photo of the Jacob Wolf House (limit one ticket)
  • A photo while crossing a dam (one ticket for each dam you cross)
Objectives (one ticket for each objective):
  • Anyone that brought a Goblin to the event.
  • Anyone that drove their Goblin from home to get to the event.
  • Whoever came furthest from home to get to the event.
  • Whoever has the highest voted image here on the forum.