Moving steering wheel forward

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I've gone manual steering (as have others, to center the steering wheel) in doing so I can move it wherever I want. You lose power steering, but with it being so light it doesn't really make a difference.

KSLunsfo

OptimizePrime once mentioned that power steering would probably be nice at something like the TOTD (318 curves in 11 miles) but otherwise manual steering wasn't bad.

So far I haven't driven enough to say too much, but the steering wheel position doesn't bother me much at this point. I'm also small and limber enough to climb in around the steering wheel without issue. Note I am running all DF spec as it relates to the steering wheel, column etc.

Scott Geyer

Getting in or out isn't my concern. I prefer a seating position where my arms are stretched out more....more Indy Car style then Nascar

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I noticed the steering wheel was too far right and up, which wasn't very useful for driving comfort. Mine is in a much more centered and lower spot now.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Any stock goblin experiences the off-center high pointed wheel. It's sort of obvious in the promo videos and gallery. It can be hard to really get the idea of it until you sit in a stock position goblin. For me, it was too far right, too high up, and too far into the seating position.

Everyone's different, of course... your mileage may vary. There are more goblins with the original steering than there are those of us who modified it, most of which probably don't care or mind the position.

winddude

I've gone manual steering (as have others, to center the steering wheel) in doing so I can move it wherever I want. You lose power steering, but with it being so light it doesn't really make a difference.
What route did you go for converting to manual steering?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
What route did you go for converting to manual steering?
@OptimizePrime did a write up and I mostly followed his work. You remove the EPS and because of this you have to re-connect the EPS data chain wires (it's simple) then you just get a steering shaft, u joint, and a bracket to hold the whole thing up and Bob's your uncle...

Unless you have a problem with the steering wheel position being off-center and/or too close to you (as I did), I wouldn't recommend doing this. It's not really necessary.