Murcielago311's City/standard build - 06 SS/SC - Chassis #177 *REGISTERED*

Murcielago311

Anyone using the cobalt seat belts have problems with them seeming to be locked once removed from the car? They worked fine in the cobalt.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
There’s a swinging pendulum in there that’s probably in the lock position. It’ll take some finagling to get it rotated back and release the belt, mostly putting the base in a level position and slowly pull the belt.

Murcielago311

Thanks, I'll give that a try!
Edit: got it. When it's fully retracted into the housing, there's teeth that engage so you can't pull it back out, but you can push the teeth down with a pick to keep them from engaging until you get the belt started back out.

Last edited:

Murcielago311

This is some nerve-wracking work reattaching the valve cover baffles. Self tappers wouldn't eat the metal and two broke off, having to drill n tap. Not sure if the risk and trouble were worth having a flashy cover. Should have just painted it. Plus it's delaying the first start.

I

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
This is some nerve-wracking work reattaching the valve cover baffles. Self tappers wouldn't eat the metal and two broke off, having to drill n tap. Not sure if the risk and trouble were worth having a flashy cover. Should have just painted it. Plus it's delaying the first start.
View attachment 14640
I
oh dang! it just hurts seeing shavings in an intake cover! :)
Not many have ventured as far down that path.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I heard that the solstice rotors need the e-brake mechanism manually backed off. They are different, so read up! Sorry I didn't read what was different.

Murcielago311

The only thing I can find is to turn the piston in clockwise all the way, which I'm pretty sure I've done. If I then turn counter-clockwise the pistons start coming back out.

It's so annoying I'm so close to finished and getting held up by something I've done a million times. Argh!

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I have the emergency brake and didn’t have a problem, I thought you only used solstice DG 1095 if you had emergency brake other wise normal DG956

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Anyone with solstice rear rotors have problems getting the pads over the rotor on install? I have the piston turned in as far as it will go but the pads just won't clear the rotor. The outside pad (dg1095) is angled from hitting the end of the channel it rides in.

At least I finished the valve cover.
What do you mean the outside pad is DG1095 they should both be if you have e-brake or just regular cobalt DG956

Murcielago311

I got it. You can't have the outside spring-clip installed until after the pads are in, duh. Slipped my mind because usually I would pull that to remove old pads, which obviously I didn't need to do in the case of a new bare caliper.