Murcielago311's City/standard build - 06 SS/SC - Chassis #177 *REGISTERED*

Murcielago311

Thanks! Don't want to count my chickens until it's running and nothing falls out, but I was able to get all the holes tapped, screwed with red high heat loctite, and put a dab of rtv on the edge of each screw head. Was able to get pretty good torque on the screws so I have high hopes.

The green came out a little lighter/neon-y than I wanted. But nothing I can do now but run it!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Good torque, red loctite, you should be golden with the baffle install. Will be using your lessons learned for my own valve cover at some point. Thanks!

Murcielago311

'First' Start Video

Got it to start and run yesterday. This video actually isn't the first attempt. The first attempt the crank position sensor was 180* out and it after-fired so loud I thought my ears would bleed.
The car is quite a bit louder than I expected. May be due to the ZZP header and being in the garage. After I fixed the CPS the only code I'm getting on the Aeroforce gauge thus far is air-conditioner related, so that's good. Got the wideband hooked up and fuel mix seems good at idle.

Can anyone help me locate the video I think DF posted, showing how to use compressed air to purge the main coolant lines?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Sweet!!!!!
The little guy sure wanted you to turn it off, though........ :)

This video?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
'First' Start Video

Got it to start and run yesterday. This video actually isn't the first attempt. The first attempt the crank position sensor was 180* out and it after-fired so loud I thought my ears would bleed.
The car is quite a bit louder than I expected. May be due to the ZZP header and being in the garage. After I fixed the CPS the only code I'm getting on the Aeroforce gauge thus far is air-conditioner related, so that's good. Got the wideband hooked up and fuel mix seems good at idle.

Can anyone help me locate the video I think DF posted, showing how to use compressed air to purge the main coolant lines?
I'm super jelly right now, but grats on the first start!!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Sweet. Great feeling.

Ark :D has my worse nightmare happening right now. I feel bad for him, but we will get his going.

Murcielago311

Had my maiden voyage this weekend.

The erratic idle only at cold start persisted over from the Cobalt. Was hoping it would go away with removal of emissions stuff, so I need to do more research into that. It has that first/second gear jerkiness, but after a few laps around the neighborhood it was pretty controllable. It tracks straight and IT IS FASSSTTT. Everything seems to work properly, including cruise control which is so cool, except I have the rapid turn signals. Might fix, might not.

The belt squeal you can hear went away after some driving and seems to have stayed gone. I do need to rebuild my SC snout. It is making some knocking noises until you get into boost.

Having trouble adjusting the shift cables to get reverse. It's sooo far over to the right in the shift assembly.

I feel like I can finally breathe and sleep at night again without having a hundred things I need to work on running through my head and researching!

Murcielago311

Trying not to freak out right now. American Modern said they wouldn't insure my car.
Isn't that who a lot of builders use?

Clean driving record. My broker also checked with progressive and hagarty. They were also a no.

Any suggestions?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Sometimes I think the insurance sales people are lazy, and don't want to learn.
There are lots of Goblins insured in Missouri.
I have had Progressive say no, then caught a different sales person, who said I could insure if I went thru a local office. Weird, but the local office did insure me... over the phone. I'm south of you, in Arkansas.

Murcielago311

had Progressive say no, then caught a different sales person, who said I could insure if I went thru a local office.
It's basically free money for them. Told each no racing, autocross, commuting, garaged etc.

Thanks maybe I'll just bring it by an office and see what they say in person.

I am worried about not having insurance for the highway patrol inspection. I don't know if they check for that but I did plan on driving it there, which is allowed.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Trying not to freak out right now. American Modern said they wouldn't insure my car.

Clean driving record. My broker also checked with progressive and hagarty. They were also a no.

Any suggestions?
I had some one from AMIG say if it does not have body panels and looks like a dune buggy they will reject it. Hagerty said " not enough collectible value"

JBINTX

Goblin Guru

Any suggestions?
They just wrote my policy a month ago through Allstate!!!!!!???????
Where is the consistency........