Murcielago311's City/standard build - 06 SS/SC - Chassis #177 *REGISTERED*

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I'm insured through State Farm. It took several weeks of arguing with underwriting but we got it done.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sounds like the insurance process is convoluted and is highly inconsistent. Looks like it is dependent upon the agent/agency and how amiable the contact person is to working a little harder to get your specialty car insured. From the conversation, there is insurance out there for a Goblin, just not easy to obtain.

Murcielago311

Just left the neighborhood for the first time after getting my zeroed BCM back. My goblin now has 'only' 6 miles, haha. Don't tell the cops, I'm in the country.

What an absolute blast this thing is. After my garage alignment this weekend it drives great. Can confirm the steering is darty over about 50, but not scary.

IATs climbed a bit higher than I like, 145° at 92° ambient, so I need to make sure I don't have air in that loop. I know the pump works.

Think I'm ready for inspection Friday!

@ctuinstra , hope you take my copying your headlights setup as a compliment. I knew I wanted that setup as soon as I saw yours.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Do the IAT come down when you hold the throttle open? They will climb some when the throttle is closed and while slow cruising. Opening the throttle will allow the cooler air to come in. It's kind of the opposite of engine cooling. 145℉ is a bit high though.

The steering tends to be a bit darty. Some of that is the nature of the very responsive steering and some is suspension adjustment. What position do you have your steering knuckle in, the upper or lower bolt hole? It looks like you rack arm is at a bit of on an angle. This can cause some bumpsteer. Maybe just the angle of the photo.

Murcielago311

It's actually in the top front, bottom rear holes in an attempt to get the outer steering arms low as possible, because I didn't like the angle of that tie rod. Maybe both lower would level it more. I'll check it out.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
It's actually in the top front, bottom rear holes in an attempt to get the outer steering arms low as possible, because I didn't like the angle of that tie rod. Maybe both lower would level it more. I'll check it out.
Something is amiss with the IAT. With your intake out in the cold air stream, you should be seeing only 10-12 above ambient temp.

Murcielago311

Something is amiss with the IAT. With your intake out in the cold air stream, you should be seeing only 10-12 above ambient temp.
Yep. HE pump wasn't flowing. I hook it straight to 12v and it flows. Fuse is good. Looked like I was only getting 2.5v at the plug with the car running. Hope they didn't mess with it with whatever tune it's running.

Murcielago311

Passed my Missouri highway patrol inspection Friday. As mentioned in the Missouri registration thread, the only thing the inspector brought up was needing a windshield for my safety inspection sticker. I told him it would have a windshield at that point, even though I will attempt to register without a safety since it's a 2019 with 60 miles now.

Driving this thing in public was a crazy experience... I gassed up and no one was really paying it any mind so I thought maybe it's not the attention grabber I expected. Got on the highway for the 45 minute drive to the inspection station and you would think I was driving a Lamborghini. Kids waving (my favorite thing), people pacing me taking pictures, thumbs up from other cool-car drivers, even had a chill dude follow me into my driveway on the way back home to check it out and said he's gonna build one. Texted him a little free DF Goblin advertising.

I'll be working on my hood wrap, footwell cover, and getting a true alignment until I can register in a month or so.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Passed my Missouri highway patrol inspection Friday. As mentioned in the Missouri registration thread, the only thing the inspector brought up was needing a windshield for my safety inspection sticker. I told him it would have a windshield at that point, even though I will attempt to register without a safety since it's a 2019 with 60 miles now.

Driving this thing in public was a crazy experience... I gassed up and no one was really paying it any mind so I thought maybe it's not the attention grabber I expected. Got on the highway for the 45 minute drive to the inspection station and you would think I was driving a Lamborghini. Kids waving (my favorite thing), people pacing me taking pictures, thumbs up from other cool-car drivers, even had a chill dude follow me into my driveway on the way back home to check it out and said he's gonna build one. Texted him a little free DF Goblin advertising.

I'll be working on my hood wrap, footwell cover, and getting a true alignment until I can register in a month or so.
Congrats on passing!!!!
Hard to hide on the road in a Goblin....... :)

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
I was told the same thing about the sticker and windscreen, when you go back to they only attach the VIN, no sticker since the car is new.

Recommend leaving the hood off until you get the VIN attached.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru

Nice, congrats!

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Congrats!

As the others have mentioned, you won't need a safety inspection since it's less than 10 years old.

Recommend leaving the hood off until you get the VIN attached.
Agreed. don't put any body panels on it until the VIN plate is attached.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If you have to have a reg sticker on there, how about attach a bracket to the dr mirror, to put the sticker on?

Murcielago311

I asked if I could stick it to the frame but it's a reverse sticker, like the sticky side has the printing to see through a windshield. It's cool, if I need it I'll have the windshield on at that point.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Plexiglass

I use to attach my parking pass for high school to a piece of plexiglass so I could move it from car to car. I didn’t have a car, but sometimes my parents would let me drive theirs, so I could move it from one to the other fairly easily.

Like I said, a small backet attached to the mirror with it attached to plexiglass (or clear equivalent)