MX184's Roadster Bodied Track Goblin #311 Log

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Nah, they didn't look over much when I told them I wouldn't be going that fast. I added a window net just in case they required it but never did ask if it was necessary and I wore arm restraints which they were pleased to see. The only other rule I saw was that you have to have at least a drag radial on the back, no normal street tires on the drive axle.

MX184

Nah, they didn't look over much when I told them I wouldn't be going that fast. I added a window net just in case they required it but never did ask if it was necessary and I wore arm restraints which they were pleased to see. The only other rule I saw was that you have to have at least a drag radial on the back, no normal street tires on the drive axle.
Yea I've been keeping an eye out for some small slicks, I did read that in the rules. Sounds like all the things Sebring made me have has me covered for sick week. Thanks for the reply.

MX184

Little something I've been working on in the background for sick week to keep the car stable while on the big end of the race track. A 60" swan mount rear wing that should be a few inches above the top of the cage to get it in clean-ish air. Should have the test piece back from Smoothie Fabrication Monday.

MX184

900+ miles and 5 race tracks later. The little Goblin successfully completed Sick Week! I was NOT ready for all of the media attention that we received! I think we had at least 5 different interviews with various media outlets. The car is so well known now I don't know if I want to put the body on it.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
View attachment 45265

900+ miles and 5 race tracks later. The little Goblin successfully completed Sick Week! I was NOT ready for all of the media attention that we received! I think we had at least 5 different interviews with various media outlets. The car is so well known now I don't know if I want to put the body on it.
Typical, now you're famous for "the Goblin look" you're not so ready to ditch it, eh?
MAAAN! Whatever's payin' the bills! U do U! Fame can be fickle, Contentment cannot be bought, you gotta get it where it is! And if a body makes you happy, Go for it. Because nobody's delivering happiness.:cool:

MX184

What was your best time?
During sick week the best I could manage was a 14.31 @ 89 with the tires they required me to run. Which happened on day 4 in South Georgia. I went back to Bradenton the other day on my street tires and went 14.02 @ 92 with nothing else changed but the smaller tires.

MX184

I was curious about that also - 28 inch tall bias ply tires or??? :rolleyes::D
I started off with 28x10.5 but they were slipping on my rims causing the car to go hard left on the TNT day. So we switched to a 235/60 drag radial the morning of the first day. WAY too tall of a tire for my gearing and power level.