My Factory Five build

Chubbs

My next build was either the Cobra or the Type 65. Factory Five makes beautiful stuff.

If the goblin starts around $10k and I end up around $25k after it's built, then I'm guessing the $20k FFR kit ends up around $50k after it's built. Am I close?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Those are accurate numbers based on FFR estimates. The cobra can be built as cheap as $35k with a donor, up to $50-60k if you’re wanting new parts all over and a built motor.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
When I showed my wife a pic of the Cobra her response was "You built a goblin when you could have built that?".

Ouch.

I like the goblin, but I have to admit I'm a sucker for curvy bodywork.
Sounds like you already have approval for the next project. ;)

BigWaveDave

My next build was either the Cobra or the Type 65. Factory Five makes beautiful stuff.

If the goblin starts around $10k and I end up around $25k after it's built, then I'm guessing the $20k FFR kit ends up around $50k after it's built. Am I close?
Yeah, that's a fair estimate. A lot of it depends on how crazy ya go. I had close to $60k in it: the extra was for paint/bodywork and going thru and beefing up the drive train

Jareth

Goblin Guru
When I showed my wife a pic of the Cobra her response was "You built a goblin when you could have built that?".

Ouch.

I like the goblin, but I have to admit I'm a sucker for curvy bodywork.
My wife looked at what the resell value was on building a 60K Cobra and said you can build a Goblin.

AMCAMX1969

I bought the Goblin to get some experience before building a factory five 35 pickup. I figured it would be relatively cheap and if I decided building a kit car wasn't for me I wouldn't loose a lot of money as opposed to the pickup which I would most likely have to spend 40 to 50k before I was done.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I bought the Goblin to get some experience before building a factory five 35 pickup. I figured it would be relatively cheap and if I decided building a kit car wasn't for me I wouldn't loose a lot of money as opposed to the pickup which I would most likely have to spend 40 to 50k before I was done.
I’ve been wanting to build a FFR 35 pickup since they came out. But I know my tendency to go overboard would bust the budget.

JPas914

Beautiful roadster! I’ve been looking at the ‘33 hot rod kit….but that’ll be many years down the road.

PaulPerger

^^^ THIS ^^^

But for me, it is the GTM that makes me drool...

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I can respect that, but Corvettes are so popular. You see them everywhere. I like the idea of driving a car that makes people turn and wonder, "ooooh, what is that?"
I definitely understand that. I still get that with my c8 for now because of their current availability and price tags. Living in a military town, there’s not many that can afford it so they haven’t flooded this area yet

PaulPerger

I definitely understand that. I still get that with my c8 for now because of their current availability and price tags. Living in a military town, there’s not many that can afford it so they haven’t flooded this area yet
I live in Fort Lauderdale. I see more Lambos, Ferraris, C8s, R8s, etc. every day here than I ever did in Columbus Ohio. Around here, one has to drive a kit car, or a $1 million plus car to stand out and be different. (Or, like me, an extremely modified Fiat 500 Abarth...)

sparrow801

^^^ THIS ^^^

But for me, it is the GTM that makes me drool...
FFR permanently discontinued the GTM now and your only option for a supercar from them is their new F9. Who knows when that kit will be ready to be sold to the general public and the panels will all be carbon fiber so that’s likely to be a $75k to $100k kit.