My goblin is......

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
my goblin is annoying to drive if I am not in the mood to talk to people at every red light. "hOw FaSt iS iT?"

"pretty fast buddy"
That’s where this thread was born. :D

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I saw that you were going to start tuning. How did it go? It's like waking up a beast . Carefully with Spark timing and afr. It's like a drug, you just want a little more each time and then......you're learning to rebuild a motor.
I can feel it drawing me toward that, indeed ... must resist for now. If I can source another engine as a project, I'll think about it.

Anyway, to answer your question, it went fine so far, though I've only learned a bare minimum about tuning so far. I used someone else's file, tweaking only the throttle sensitivity back to near stock, for drivability reasons. The VCM app is fantastic (beats the hell out of any knock-off tech2 app I've seen) and I do plan to dig further in as time goes on.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I can feel it drawing me toward that, indeed ... must resist for now. If I can source another engine as a project, I'll think about it.

Anyway, to answer your question, it went fine so far, though I've only learned a bare minimum about tuning so far. I used someone else's file, tweaking only the throttle sensitivity back to near stock, for drivability reasons. The VCM app is fantastic (beats the hell out of any knock-off tech2 app I've seen) and I do plan to dig further in as time goes on.
And that opens up another can, now I've got 2 extra lnf's sitting on my garage floor taking up space. Both have some type of issue but bother were running when pulled. The goal is to triage them both in September and then build the best one for just enough strength to not tear up the auto trans.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
And that opens up another can, now I've got 2 extra lnf's sitting on my garage floor taking up space. Both have some type of issue but bother were running when pulled. The goal is to triage them both in September and then build the best one for just enough strength to not tear up the auto trans.
Aw shucks! Tear up the trans, then tell us all about it! That'll just be a new horizon to conquer! I's not like they're scarce. Here in GA(hypothetically "here") they just run the motors out of oil or coolant til' they pop, transmissions don't seem to be the problem.:eek:

TravMac

Really burning through gas! Did 90 miles this weekend on e85 and went from what I thought was nearly full to what looked like nearly empty. Time to do some testing!

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Really burning through gas! Did 90 miles this weekend on e85 and went from what I thought was nearly full to what looked like nearly empty. Time to do some testing!
I'm interested to see what you find, as I get over 100 miles out of my tank of E85 before the needle suggests I need to worry. I got just over 16 mpg on my last manual calculation, but that was mostly easy driving. It drops closer to 14 mpg when driving aggressively.