My Radiator hose broke midway through

Keckster

Title says it all. I was slowly pulling the radiator hose through via the method explained in the build videos. It didn't feel like there was any tension when cranking then all of a sudden the hose ripped. any ideas on how to get the hose the rest of the way through?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya. Gonna have to find a way to pull it back out. I don’t recall hearing of anyone breaking it midway, but there’s always a first.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Do you mean the end of the hose tore when you were halfway through, or the hose ripped at mid-length? If it's the former, then yeah, just pull it back out. I had to do that and I had my frame strapped to my truck and it took two guys to yank it back out. Make sure you're thoroughly, thoroughly, thoroughly lubricating your hose and the frame tube. If you think you have enough, use more. I think they're recommending Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray these days. Plan on using half a can on each side (if not more).

If it's the latter... you're going to need a new hose.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
I had to pull my hose out after I got a pin hole in it dropping the engine/transmission down. To give me something with more grip, I left one of the hose to hose connectors in and used a pair of vice grips on the connector, sacrificing it. Was able to pull it out on my own this way.

Pictures worth 1000 words.

20200628_122017.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I had to pull my hose out after I got a pin hole in it dropping the engine/transmission down. To give me something with more grip, I left one of the hose to hose connectors in and used a pair of vice grips on the connector, sacrificing it. Was able to pull it out on my own this way.

Pictures worth 1000 words.

View attachment 28888
just don't mess up that beautiful chalk art with your fluids......... ;)

I broke the hose like 4 times. I used 1/4 in rope. I think that was only part of the problem.
I cut too much of an angle in the hose.
It was very cold outside too when i pulled the hoses through.

I ended up stuffing a deep socket into the hose and running the rope through the socket then zip tied the crap out of it.
Worked well

D&dgoblin69

I broke the hose like 4 times. I used 1/4 in rope. I think that was only part of the problem.
I cut too much of an angle in the hose.
It was very cold outside too when i pulled the hoses through.

I ended up stuffing a deep socket into the hose and running the rope through the socket then zip tied the crap out of it.
Worked well
I was looking for the supplied lug to put in hose thought it was included