Mystery brackets

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The big one is the coolant reservoir bracket. It’s a new design. There should be a bag with nuts, bolts, spacers and a spring.

Don’t know on the other 2

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Thanks, that explains why I didn't have the mounting tabs on the frame for the coolant tank.
Hopefully you didn’t freak out like I did. There was no bracket on the frame, I didn’t see any mention of a new design on the forum and they didn’t send the updated bracket with the kit, so I thought they forgot to weld the old bracket on. :eek: I was trying to figure out how this was going to all work, but it was all good after contacting them and I got the updated bracket.

KD0AXS

Hopefully you didn’t freak out like I did. There was no bracket on the frame, I didn’t see any mention of a new design on the forum and they didn’t send the updated bracket with the kit, so I thought they forgot to weld the old bracket on. :eek: I was trying to figure out how this was going to all work, but it was all good after contacting them and I got the updated bracket.
I was a bit confused that I didn't have those mounting tabs on the frame, but I just improvised a bit. This actually seems to work pretty good, but I guess I'll move it and use the bracket now.

Attachments

Devonrex

Great and timely thread, I had the same questions today. I have no frame bracket and a bag of parts. I seperated out that bracket to paint it so I did make the connection with that bracket.

Anymore detailed photos?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
On a side note, does an engine cover fit over the coolant reservoir when the new-style bracket is used? Doesn't look like it would.

KD0AXS

On a side note, does an engine cover fit over the coolant reservoir when the new-style bracket is used? Doesn't look like it would.
Good question, I guess I'll find out when I get my engine cover back from being painted.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Great and timely thread, I had the same questions today. I have no frame bracket and a bag of parts. I seperated out that bracket to paint it so I did make the connection with that bracket.

Anymore detailed photos?
with no instructions, it took some trial and error to figure out this *should* be the correct way to install the bracket. I did use a different hose too.

no clue if this will clear the engine cover. I was thinking about that earlier, when it was brought up.

Attachments

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I don't remember who did it, but I seem to remember somebody taking pictures of the new expansion tank mount from underneath the engine cover.