NACA ducts mounting

Indy Lonnie

I wanted to try to try to mount the NACA ducts behind the front bodywork, and I think it turned out good. I had the hood off and on at least 10 times to get the position correct before i cut out the hole for the duct. I used JB Weld black plastic/body panel adhesive. Once mixed it is runny, like syrup- but once cured it is sandable and is supposed to hold strong. I roughed up the NACA duct with an old piece of 40 grit beIt-sander and cleaned everything with acetone. I taped off the the bodywork and then clamped down the duct while it cured, about 30 minutes. The epoxy is easily wiped off of things while it is not cured. Once the NACA duct was cured in place I again taped off the areas on the body panel and down inside the NACA duct about 3/8". I then gloved up and fingered in a bead of the epoxy in back and around the front lip of the duct. Once it was partially cured (15 minutes) I removed the tape and used a razor blade to remove any excess that went under the tape. I think it came out good. The front bead really helped with the look of the transition from the fiberglass to the NACA duct.

IMG_4286.JPG
IMG_4288.JPG
IMG_4289.JPG
IMG_4290.JPG
IMG_4291.JPG

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Looks great! Has anyone measured the IAT after using these ducts. Is comparable or better than stock?

Last edited: