Need help asap

Df274

So for the pass few days i been trying to turn on the goblin. Fuel pump prime. Clutch sensor got power all the way to the computer. Both fuse box and bcm click but I get no starter signal. I can jump the relay and it turns over. Gas gauge is at zero. All data wires connected right. Undid the whole harness and everything looks right. No theft light on. Gas pedal moves with throttle body. What could be the problem.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Have you tried the clutch in and out and He brake in and off and every combination?

Please add the donor model so we know which version of sensors you have.

Df274

2009 cobalt ss turbo. I tried both brake and clutch pedal pressed and nothing. Right now am looking for the locating on the clutch switch on the transmission to check that

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I’m pretty sure those use a potentiometer for a clutch switch type. I don’t believe there is a switch on the transmission. Some have had problems with the adjustment of the switch. I wonder if it would help to depress and release the clutch while holding the key at Start to see if you can hit the spot. Not real sure about the TC version.

Df274

I’m pretty sure those use a potentiometer for a clutch switch type. I don’t believe there is a switch on the transmission. Some have had problems with the adjustment of the switch. I wonder if it would help to depress and release the clutch while holding the key at Start to see if you can hit the spot. Not real sure about the TC version.
Just tried it and nothing

Christopher Sanchez

So for the pass few days i been trying to turn on the goblin. Fuel pump prime. Clutch sensor got power all the way to the computer. Both fuse box and bcm click but I get no starter signal. I can jump the relay and it turns over. Gas gauge is at zero. All data wires connected right. Undid the whole harness and everything looks right. No theft light on. Gas pedal moves with throttle body. What could be the problem.
Did your donor have the RPD screen? Unsure if its true but remember hearing that if it was not connected that would prevent it from starting.??? just a thought. Other than that just grounds grounds grounds

PyroGuy923

Check your BCM, ECM, and fuse block connections. I had a similar issue after it had been running for weeks and the ground on the block came loose.

Df274

a the ignition switch i notice that the brown wire loses power when i try to start the car is that normal..
There are five wires

White/black 5 volt dc part of the theft deterrent

Red/white 12volts dc fed from the bcm ign/SW fuse(for actually turning on the crank relay when you try to start the car)

White wire looks like 5 volts passes through the switch to the bcm when car is started (Not sure on this one)

Yellow 12 volts dc fed from the switch back to the bcm from the switch to the crank relay when car is started(should read 12vdc here I would think when trying to start the car)

Brown 12 volts dc ,Feds the theft deterrent module and the ignition lock solenoid

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
From the wiring diagram that I have for a 2009:

1. The brown will lose 12v during cranking. It's only on with Accessory and Run.
  2. The Yellow should have 12V during Run AND Start.
  3. The White is the start command (through the resistor for anti-theft)
  4. The White/Black is the Off/Run/Start circuit from the BCM.
  5. The Red/White is not included in this diagram and I assume it is Hot all the time and is included in the power distribution diagram.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Switch these 2 relays around, I just went through this myself. Amazon 2 for 20. , One is probably bad .
or auto zone 1 for 30

Attachments

Df274

This thing got me by the ball don’t know what the hell it is. I even open the bcm trying to see if I had any burn spots and nothing. Going to get a new battery tomorrow and see if that does it

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Let's recap. Correct any statement that is not true. Add any and all information that you can think of, sometimes little things that you don't think have anything to do with it may be the clue to the answer. Attach a video if possible.

1. No codes
  2. No "Power Steering" message.
  3. Fuel pump primes the first time the key is turned on.
  4. The throttle resets when turning the key on.
  5. No Fuel even though there is fuel in the tank?
  6. No security light
  7. No crank
Questions:
  1. Do you hear a click from the fusebox when you try to start it?
  2. Do you have the one black wire from the headlight harness under the fusebox grounded? It's a large white connector under the fusebox, there should be one black wire coming from it that goes to ground. It provides ground for relays in the fusebox.
We need to determine if the ECM is even ready and sending the STARTER CONTROL signal. That will help a lot.

Df274

Let's recap. Correct any statement that is not true. Add any and all information that you can think of, sometimes little things that you don't think have anything to do with it may be the clue to the answer. Attach a video if possible.

1. No codes
  2. No "Power Steering" message.
  3. Fuel pump primes the first time the key is turned on.
  4. The throttle resets when turning the key on.
  5. No Fuel even though there is fuel in the tank?
  6. No security light
  7. No crank
Questions:
  1. Do you hear a click from the fusebox when you try to start it?
  2. Do you have the one black wire from the headlight harness under the fusebox grounded? It's a large white connector under the fusebox, there should be one black wire coming from it that goes to ground. It provides ground for relays in the fusebox.
We need to determine if the ECM is even ready and sending the STARTER CONTROL signal. That will help a lot.

View attachment 24216
I hear it click everytime I turn the key yes.
Is this the back wire you talking about

Attachments