New donor! 09 LNF

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Howdy yall

I originally purchased an 09 LNF sedan off of copart, but it was hit so hard in the front that 3 engine mounts were broken, including a mounting ear on the F35. I scavanged a fully functioning drivetrain, wiring harness and most of whats needed for the goblin, but wanted something that I could drive.
So let me introduce you to my 09 LNF Coupe with 75k. I only paid $3100. RPD optioned and in running driving condition.
New Lsd trans setup installed @ 74k. The transmission looks like it too as its really clean compared to the aluminum engine parts and may I say it shifts beautifully.
Full ZZP kit.
ZZP FMIC
ZZP hard charge pipes
ZZP Stage 1 tune
ZZP 3" downpipe and straight piped catback
Gm Stage 1 sensors
K&N cold air intake with filter
ZZP/OTTP Poly mount everything
OTTP short shifter with zzp solid mount shifter bushings and OTTP cable clamps.
Im sure I missed something while listing those fun modifications.

All things considered, Im happy with it. The outside of the car leaves a lot to be desired, but I keep telling myself that "its only a vessel for the goblin." According to the power meter on the RPD, this car makes 325hp. It might make more than that, but the meter is maxed at 325hp. It may be time to find a local dyno day to see what power it really makes.

Thanks for lookin.
-Joe

Attachments

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
I would NEVER buy a severe front-wrecked front drive car that is intended for use where the entire front mechanicals are to be used.
Does that even make sense??
Rear wrecked, OK.
Rollover, OK
T-boned, OK
FRONT WRECKED?? Why??

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I would NEVER buy a severe front-wrecked front drive car that is intended for use where the entire front mechanicals are to be used.
Does that even make sense??
Rear wrecked, OK.
Rollover, OK
T-boned, OK
FRONT WRECKED?? Why??
I understand your point, but have you seen some of the donor vehicles in the rear lot of DF? There is one that it doesn't look like the driver even survived, the hood is so mangled it won't open, the car was rolled, and it still runs! You just never know sometimes. It's a gamble for sure.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
good mileage.
turbo's are getting tougher to find.
The risk from the wreck can be mitigated if you are careful in inspecting all parts and willing to spend for replacements where necessary.
You will be able to sell a lot of those ZZP parts since they will not be used in the Goblin.

Ross

Goblin Guru
A front crashed car is just a little more work than a rear crashed one.
My donor was front crashed, with a broken engine mount, crushed intercooler, radiator, pushed the engine.
Didn't need the engine mount, intercooler or radiator.
Broken tabs/ears on a F35 can be welded back on.
Sometimes the price makes it worth while, and some builders aren't scared of extra work.

pisco

Mine too core support broke the upper and lower map sensors and Evap, donor wouldn’t run because of broken intercooler.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
My LNF donor was annihilated in the front end, but all I had to do was wire a different connector on to the high-pressure fuel pump. It needed a new knuckle, control arm, coolant overflow tank, and fuse box shell also, but it was in running condition and only cost me $1700 for a 78k car.

You assume some risk with a front-wrecked car but gems can be found!