New Donor Dibs List

DanPerryy

Donor Dibs List - Bidding
The donor dibs list is intended to allow us to know what other Goblin builders are bidding on so we don't get into a bidding war with each other. We want to be bidding against the rebuilder's and salvager's and not against each other. When we find a vehicle we would like to bid you can first look at sales history to see similar donors. Then check to see if it is already in the dibs list and if not add it to the list. Parts for Goblins such as superchargers, engines, transmissions that are found on eBay or other bidding sites may also be added to the dibs list. This will help us in buying those too.

When we win or lose a bid it would be helpful if we update our listing to indicate what it sold for. You may update the status and add a sales price to a vehicle. I am working on this now but to do so copy the timestamp (1st column) on the dibs list to the clipboard. Then update selecting "identify vehicle to update by Dibs List Timestamp" and paste the timestamp into the form. Alternately you may use vehicle mileage to identify an item. You need not do both timestamp and mileage. You may then update the status. The intent (not yet working) is to modify the dibs list moving the vehicle to the sales history if the vehicle sold.

You may edit your listing after submission which will modify the row of the dibs list spreadsheet. When you add a vehicle to the list select "Edit your Response" on the confirmation page. Then bookmark the page that come up and close it. Later you may update your listing clicking on the saved link. Your updated response will be updated in the dibs list. This is a bit hokie, and Google documentation says that you can get an email for the submission that contains the update link but I could not find such an option. I will work to make this easier.

If you would like additional options added to the list let me know. If someone would try it out it would be nice. I only tried it with my own login (on Google) so sharing may not work for you. I will create a new list (won/lost) to keep the active list slimmed down. I set it up so each of us can have multiple listings and be able to edit a previous listing (ie. mark it won/lost and enter a sold price). I was not able to test how Google works in editing responses when there are multiple listings.

Sales History - dibs list items sold and their selling price
Current Dibs List - what is currently being bid on
Add Item To List - add a new item to the dibs list
Update Item Status - mark an item sold and record the sales price for reference

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Just added the one I'm going to go for, On that note does anyone know how long cars take to go to acution, This one has been sitting for 2 weeks now waiting for paperwork I guess?

Nuker-

SinisterSF

I requested access so I can upload my dibs from Indianapolis, 4 1/2 drive for me but hopefully I can get it at a reasonable price since it's up north. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?itemID=22057869&RowNumber=14

These cars can take months to go to auction sometimes, lots of factors; backed up insurance companies or DMV. The paperwork can get lost or held up in investigations. I've had to wait for pending titles on cars I've bought down in Atlanta for 4-6 weeks sometimes, major pain!

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Less than 24 hours left! I'm winning the pre-bid at 975$ right now. Can't wait for this to be over LOL.

Jordan

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Just updated details, got the cobalt SS for 1900$ Pretty happy with this one. Too bad the towing is going to cost me 2 cases of good beer hahaha.

Nuker-

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
New car salvage Copart Lot #17764336
rollover in pasco WA Copart. anybody have concerns other than needing a left front axle by the appearance on the pic?
A few things stand out. First, it has a biohazard warning so be ready for blood stains (I'm guessing you aren't too affected by blood though).

Besides the axle possibly being broken, the left front control arm is definitely bent.

The mileage isn't shown so you can't be sure how used the powertrain is. That might be because the battery shifted or broke during the crash. It would actually be good if the battery was disconnected because of my last concern: You have to be careful with rollovers.

If someone has tried to crank it after being rolled over, there is a chance oil got on top of the pistons and you could have bent rods.

If you can get this car for under $500 it could work out but it is a risk.

PHerder

The problem with the description is the words "no title". To get the Goblin thru (at least Kansas and maybe other states) inspection, you have to have the copy of the title to the parts (engine and transmission) from the donor car. Salvage yards supply a VIN number on the receipt of purchased parts and that is acceptable but having the car without a title may cause a bunch of problems trying to get a Goblin licensed.