New Future Goblin Member

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Not that it matters but I'm a paid member. I did not bid because I already purchased a 2007 SS

I would have been pissed if after waiting months for this one to finally be auctioned only for it to be sold minutes after the bidding started.

Is it like a regular auction where you bid right at the moment, and they say going, going, sold?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Just took a closer look at the site and it does look like you have to be online when bidding starts that it is not highest bidder over the next few hours like on ebay.

Preliminary Bidding
Once the vehicle is listed on Copart’s website, Copart Members can place preliminary bids (‘pre-bids’) on vehicles at any time up to one hour before the start of the live auction. Pre-bids will be represented during the live auction and could be the winning bid if no other bidder submits a higher bid during either the pre-bid phase or the live auction. If there is a tie between pre-bid and live bid amounts, the virtual (live) bidder prevails as the highest bidder on the item.

Live and Learn :)

jbk504

I don’t think it sold. The auction only had three items on the queue when I logged in and that SS was not one of them. My experience is that you see the number and you see it coming. I am no expert but I was disappointed last time that same one said sold and then it popped back up 72 hours later with $0 bid on it…over my pay grade