New Guy From MI

Scott Geyer

Hey guys. I just found out about Goblin and so far i like what i see. I noticed a couple guys from Michigan, so maybe you can help. How do you register the Goblin if Michigan requires windshield wipers and bumper??....Also, i live in Plymouth. Anybody close?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Plenty of bumper ideas around, lots of NY people have them done pretty well. Regarding wipers I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure there are plenty of ATV/UTV options for people who want a small form factor DOT legal wiper option. The search feature should give you an idea on what others have done.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure exactly, but one (or more) of the kits that was shipped with my stage 1, also had bumpers included, and that was back in November 2019.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I’m in Troy Michigan and I’m picking up my donor next week. Hopefully ordering my kit shortly after

gofast

I can confirm the bumpers. I have both front and rear bumpers from DF. Many items they sell you have no way of knowing they have it unless you ask. I've asked for a list of those items, but I think they are too busy to put it together.

Scott Geyer

I'm not interested in installing bumpers. Does anybody know if that's a deal breaker trying to register it in Michigan?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
My brother-in-law built an Exoset. He lives in Warren Michigan. They do require them if you take them to a state inspector. However if you know a cop they can sign off on the inspection even if you don’t have them on if the like you. That is what I plan on doing.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Yes. First the cop signs off on the inspection. Then to SOS for the registration and then a person comes out to put a vin on it. The only person that has to sign off on an inspection is a cop

Scott Geyer

Would anybody in Metro Detroit who has a finished car be interested in me taking a look at it?(never seen one in person)...I live in Plymouth

gearjammer

Hi Scott, I live in white lake, work in Farmington Hills. My chassis is off to Powdercoat right now and I still have to order stage 2. I am just finishing up the wire harness. My build is moving on the slower side, I hope to get the engine running this winter and drivable by mid summer next year. Got my cobalt in early May 2020. I know a couple kit car people in MI and they say the registration is just a matter of finding the right police officer to do the inspection. I also chatted with a Goblin owner from the forum early on who was able to register his (no bumpers, plexiglass windshield, no wipers).

Last edited: