New seat mount option from DF

Goblin Graber

Got these with my kit and figured I would share. DF now makes seat brackets to mount the seat forward in an extended frame to give you a bunch of room behind the seats.
EBBA14E3-905D-4299-B4D7-8E4C2DE41AD1.jpeg
4FB09AD2-EA07-4072-84B1-1CDF61168C5A.jpeg

Edit: I have a standard frame, so these are the wrong ones for me. That’s why the seat is so close to the front.

Last edited:

Goblin Graber

These are specifically for the Corbeau seats, correct?
Yes but they will fit many side mount seats. My seats are NRG Prismas and they fit perfect.

You can mount them three ways depending on the width of the seat. Both tabs under the seat for wide seats, both tabs facing out from the seat for narrow ones, or in my case both tabs facing the outside for an in between width.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Yes but they will fit many side mount seats. My seats are NRG Prismas and they fit perfect.

You can mount them three ways depending on the width of the seat. Both tabs under the seat for wide seats, both tabs facing out from the seat for narrow ones, or in my case both tabs facing the outside for an in between width.
Could you get us some measurements from the back/butt part of the seat to the pedals? And I'm assuming the holes are at 1" increments.

Goblin Graber

Could you get us some measurements from the back/butt part of the seat to the pedals? And I'm assuming the holes are at 1" increments.
It’s about 7” where the seat goes up straight and 10” at the bottom with an NRG 301 seat in the middle holes. I can get you some exact measurements later.

Keep in mind these are the wrong brackets because I have a standard frame. It should be the same cuz it looks like the stretch of an extended frame is in front of the seat brackets.

Goblin Graber

Here’s a bunch of pictures of the forward seat mounts. As they sit in the middle holes I have 6-9.5” behind the seats.
9254A264-79AA-4472-B0B7-46DE6BB4499B.jpeg
BC838B18-12C7-4D99-891E-7738A6EE93AC.jpeg
C3A87E2A-7F24-448E-893F-63D7FBD4BEE2.jpeg
CC9DEE04-C2A7-4E2A-A399-A489DD95086C.jpeg
BE19B805-F77F-4139-946E-41796DD2A956.jpeg

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Oh MAN! I wish I would have bought an extended chassis. Especially now that I’m trying to find room back there to cram a subwoofer.

Goblin Graber

Oh MAN! I wish I would have bought an extended chassis. Especially now that I’m trying to find room back there to cram a subwoofer.
I’m thinking the same thing right now. We’ll see next week when I get the right brackets, but I think there’s still room as long as I don’t need the seat all the way back. I’m 5’8” so I doubt I do.

I think a Kicker Comp RT and a matching passive radiator would still be an easy fit in an 8” and possibly squeeze the 10”. Basically just like one of their loaded enclosures but thinner and wider.
2B4A0E71-AEDF-4E04-B74B-654DB10B3455.jpeg6EB668E5-A963-4F06-80B0-B72A790E760D.jpeg

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’m thinking the same thing right now. We’ll see next week when I get the right brackets, but I think there’s still room as long as I don’t need the seat all the way back. I’m 5’8” so I doubt I do.

I think a Kicker Comp RT and a matching passive radiator would still be an easy fit in an 8” and possibly squeeze the 10”. Basically just like one of their loaded enclosures but thinner and wider.
View attachment 19135View attachment 19136
I’ve always run Kickers. I think a ported or radiator would work better in this car than sealed. I’m obviously not after sound quality in a car like this, but it would be cool at a car show.

Consider building your own ported box. Its a cool experience. Not that difficult at all.

Goblin Graber

I’ve always run Kickers. I think a ported or radiator would work better in this car than sealed. I’m obviously not after sound quality in a car like this, but it would be cool at a car show.

Consider building your own ported box. Its a cool experience. Not that difficult at all.
Building a slot ported box is definitely easy to build, but the box will have to be over double the size to make a single sub work. The kicker setup with the passive wants .4 cu ft for the 8” and only .5 cu ft for the 10”.

I feel you on not going extreme in the goblin. It’s an open air ride so no matter how much time I spend tuning with my RTA it’ll never sound as good as my truck does.

Ross

Goblin Guru
My Goblin has room over the gas tank. You could put a sub woofer hole in the rear firewall, and make a speaker box above the gas tank.
Or have the speaker box there, and place the speakers up and forward over the firewall.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’m 5’8 and I have my seat in the middle position. That was after I reworked the pedals and brought the gas pedal back slightly. I had assumed you had the extended frame.

I measured for a while and could not find any easy way to building even a sealed enclosure that would provide room for the 8” CVR’s I had laying around. I ended up going with the Kicker 10” hideaway. It will fit behind either of my Corbeau seats as long as I mount it down low. Even with that, the seat will not be able to extend to the furthest back position.

Peregrinus

Edit/Update, he must have seen my post lol, $120+shipping for those curious! Ordering next time I have a few bucks available.

Last edited: