New tool for pulling hoses through frame rails.

Kenny123

I just finished pulling my hoses through the frame. used the small supplied ring and a small washer with a piece of rope. lubed up the hose and frame tube and pulled mine from back to front. went trough with no problem. pulled it through by hand. had both hoses installed in about fifteen minutes.
Yea same here. Took no time and very little effort. I think the key is to be generous with the tire wet.

MisterDave

Yea same here. Took no time and very little effort. I think the key is to be generous with the tire wet.
I believe temperature was the major factor for me. I tried to pull mine in cooler weather and had a tough time. Then I waited for warmer weather and laid the hose out in the sun to warm it... Then I had no problem pulling them through.

Kenny123

I believe temperature was the major factor for me. I tried to pull mine in cooler weather and had a tough time. Then I waited for warmer weather and laid the hose out in the sun to warm it... Then I had no problem pulling them through.
Oh that's true.... I live in Charleston SC so heat is always prevalent... haha

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Has anyone tried Easy Glide? Used for pulling electrical wire.... Slimy as all get out but evaporates over time.

Bellazz53

ok no pullingsoap? tape the nose for a easy pull . 35 years as a electrician . looking forward to build one ! also as you pull have a helper feed it .

pisco

ok no pullingsoap? tape the nose for a easy pull . 35 years as a electrician . looking forward to build one ! also as you pull have a helper feed it .
Polywater J is the best wire lube I’ve used, most bosses are too cheap to buy it.

Inside wireman (16 years in trade)

ATMironov

@Lonney, you guys should get this added to the DF Store.
I'll be getting one of these when my order is ready!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Just a quick update on this item, we are no longer offering it. It wasn't working the way we really wanted it to. We suggest using a boat trailer winch, it'll do the job!

MisterDave

Once I had a warm enough day to heat the hose in the sun a bit the hose pulling tool worked great for me. It failed my first try when it was too cool (40s outside) and the hose wasn’t pliable enough.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Just a quick update on this item, we are no longer offering it. It wasn't working the way we really wanted it to. We suggest using a boat trailer winch, it'll do the job!
I had a thicker wall hose (2) guys it was not moving past half. I went and got a boat winch and a 2x6 and it was like butter check my post for example.