New tool for pulling hoses through frame rails.

Df274

This may sound crazy but I used a rope and ky jelly since I struggled with the tire wet. Did both sides in under 10 min from start to finish.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
This may sound crazy but I used a rope and ky jelly since I struggled with the tire wet. Did both sides in under 10 min from start to finish.
If it works...why not. I believe there are some hoses that have overall thicker walls that do not allow it to collapse as easy pulling through the tube. This may be why some guys pull by hand and others need a hand winch.

Df274

If it works...why not. I believe there are some hoses that have overall thicker walls that do not allow it to collapse as easy pulling through the tube. This may be why some guys pull by hand and others need a hand winch.
I tried by hand and couldn’t get pass 1/2 way with the tire wet. Took it out 2 times then said f it got a thing of ky. Lube the frame then the hose. I pulled it through with ez.

Aguinaga

1.35 OD. Couldn’t get last night so I walked away for the night.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
This is what I used, I have been using it for years to pull wire so why not. It completely evaporates also. Had both my hoses through in under 30min.
Is one 32oz bottle enough to do the two hoses, and assume that you apply to the length of the hose?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Just putting anything on the hose and squirting some in the tubes is not enough.
Cut a length of edge trimmer line a little over twice the length of the coolant tube.
Tie a cloth rag to the middle of the edge line and soak with whatever lube you want to use. (I used less than half a bottle of Tire Wet)
Pull the rag through the tube multiple times, turning and resoaking the rag for the pull back through. Object, to coat the top and sides of the tube so it isn't dry.
Coat the hose and pull through.
I was able to pull them through by hand this way.
The weird thing was, it got easier to pull after getting the coolant line pulled about the quarter to half way point.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
No one's laughing. We're all learning here.
We're to help each other out, not having to go through the same struggles we did.
A build log is a good idea though. Posting your progress and questions there.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Is one 32oz bottle enough to do the two hoses, and assume that you apply to the length of the hose?
It is more than enough.... I only had about a quarter of a bottle and I did run a soaked paint roller through a couple times first.

Aguinaga

No one's laughing. We're all learning here.
We're to help each other out, not having to go through the same struggles we did.
A build log is a good idea though. Posting your progress and questions there.
Thank you, This weekend I will put together a build post. Seems like I can find myself down a rabbit hole going through form after form lol