New tow pig

Yustas

Did you get only bill of sale from copart? How we can register such vehicles in Washington state?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
All the parts to get this rig put back together have arrived, except for the bumper. Unfortunately, pretty much everything in front gets assembled from the bumper up. All I can do right now is R&R the front cooling stack, front sway bar end links, and passenger side axle.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Love my GM trucks & they hold their value. I had a nice 2008 Silverado 2500HD Turbo Diesel that I picked up used (one owner) for $40K. Sold it in 2017 for $26K. Now driving a very nice 2017 Silverado (High Country) 2500HD Turbo Diesel. It was a driver shuttle vehicle at the Daytona, Coke Zero 400 in 2017. They put 60 miles on it at the Speedway which took $5,000 off of the list price. Truck has not had one issue. In fact just drove it 2,100 miles, Florida to Texas and back to pick up three frames. Good luck with your truck !!!

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Love my GM trucks & they hold their value. I had a nice 2008 Silverado 2500HD Turbo Diesel that I picked up used (one owner) for $40K. Sold it in 2017 for $26K. Now driving a very nice 2017 Silverado (High Country) 2500HD Turbo Diesel. It was a driver shuttle vehicle at the Daytona, Coke Zero 400 in 2017. They put 60 miles on it at the Speedway which took $5,000 off of the list price. Truck has not had one issue. In fact just drove it 2,100 miles, Florida to Texas and back to pick up three frames. Good luck with your truck !!!
Put that on the side and no one asks questions and you can go where ever you want. Free admission everywhere. :)

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Put that on the side and no one asks questions and you can go where ever you want. Free admission everywhere. :)
Actually I was asked so may time what it was an "Official Vehicle" of that I took that part off (under the doors). NASCAR had put on all the decals & I hated to take them off.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
The last piece of the puzzle finally showed up. It's a bit brodozer for my taste, but it was considerably cheaper than going with all stock parts like I had wanted to. Now I just need to recover from this liver biopsy and get the parts painted so I can get this rig back together and inspected/registered.

Goblin Graber

The last piece of the puzzle finally showed up. It's a bit brodozer for my taste, but it was considerably cheaper than going with all stock parts like I had wanted to. Now I just need to recover from this liver biopsy and get the parts painted so I can get this rig back together and inspected/registered.

If it’s too brodozer for you bring it by my house. I’ll gladly swap it for my stock LMM parts ;)

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
It's finally getting warm enough to paint, so I'm hoping to color match the bumper this weekend. I haven't actually made much progress beyond collecting parts because I've been asked to replace the front fence before starting another car project.

Corgithulhu

Hey fellow LMM pilot! Mine is a 2007.5, so the first MY of the LMM. It's such a great motor and transmission. Mine has towed a couple small cars behind it, including the donor a couple weeks ago, and you almost don't even know they're there.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I let this rig sit in the yard, loaded up with all the parts for about 8 months, but this week has been full of progress.
  • New intercooler
  • New AC condenser
  • New transmission cooler
  • New headlights
  • New grille
  • New bumper
  • New fog lights (installed after the pics)
  • New front passenger axle
  • New front sway bar end links and bushings
  • Replaced trailer brake controller relay
  • Replaced km/h cluster with mph cluster
  • Added back up camera and Android Auto head unit
Still to do:
  • Refill coolant
  • Install fender liners
  • Test drive
  • WSP rebuilt title inspection
  • Registration
  • Road trip to San Bruno for my lathe and a vintage Norton twin

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Blew up my 03 duramax and this is os my interum tow rig. 02 1500 5.3L. W/5/6 drop. It does surprisingly well, but still hoping to find "the deal" on a new diesel soon. We are pulling the Goblin to Denver in 2 weeks.
20210702_101923.jpg