New videos

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I made a transcript of the newest video of anyone would like it. I plan on doing it with most of the videos for myself but if there is interest I'll post them here.
Quantum, did you get around to the video transcripts discussed a while back? Was hoping to see something posted to assist with the videos. Thanks! :)

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Part 6 is up: EDIT: Old video had an error. The wrong ground wires were called out when joining them together near the fuse box. Correcting it now and will upload as soon as possible.

I've got one more for organizing the main harness. Then there will be 2-3 for thinning the dash harness and combining it with the main harness.

Last edited:

Anks329

Part 6 is up: EDIT: Old video had an error. The wrong ground wires were called out when joining them together near the fuse box. Correcting it now and will upload as soon as possible.

I've got one more for organizing the main harness. Then there will be 2-3 for thinning the dash harness and combining it with the main harness.
Nice, that's excellent. Will there be more build videos after theses wiring videos are completed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I had to correct the ground wires that were called out to be joined early in the video. Here is the new video:

Last edited:

HOBGOBLIN

Part 7 was a tease! less then 5 minuets lol! I know Adam is working hard on them videos but I am itching to get done lol keep up the good work guys

Murcielago311

I had to correct the ground wires that were called out to be joined early in the video. Here is the new video:
Can anyone clarify what specifically is the 'fuse box ground' here? I have the ground lug, coolant tank, and fuel pump ground wires. Don't see another one.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I never counted all the grounds, as long as they all get a good connection to the frame, then the car will work.
It doesn't matter which ground goes to which lug, long as everything that needs a ground gets connected to the frame.

MisterDave

I'm looking ahead at the wiring videos... on video "Wiring Harness guide part 7 - organizing the main harness, pt 4" at 0:26... They bring out 14 foot long extension wires. Are these wires included in the kit? Or should I be going out and buying some wire, if so what gauge?

Murcielago311

I don't have my kit yet, but I assumed they would not be included and ordered this, which worked well. Not sure if I'll need more for the remaining videos.

Ebay wire

Ross

Goblin Guru
I'm looking ahead at the wiring videos... on video "Wiring Harness guide part 7 - organizing the main harness, pt 4" at 0:26... They bring out 14 foot long extension wires. Are these wires included in the kit? Or should I be going out and buying some wire, if so what gauge?
Is that 14' wire the big wire from the rear window defrost that was saved earlier? Each donor car is different. You will end up with a box of full of wires and connectors after the wiring is completed. I did run out of heavy gauge wire on my 2006 SC wire harness, so I used some of my own heavy red wire in places, but it probably was because I also added multiple circuits that weren't part of the original Goblin plan. I wanted wire for those circuits too. (two 12v accessory power plugs, extra dash gauges, extra lighting, spare stereo circuit, etc)

lksohm

I ended up with three grocery bags full of extra wires after thinning out all the extra unnecessary electronics. That is my go-to for all the extra "splice in" things I need.