New videos

CodyP

Just curious if there were going to be any more new videos, or if "Installing the Powertrain" was supposed to be the last one?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I believe they are working on the full build of each model (NA, turbo, SC) and doing a video for each when difference came up. It just requires a LOT of time and effort for the production of these videos not just recording but editing. DF is also very busy with orders and a recent post showed they had a backlog of harnesses that needed to be reworked. I believe Lonny and Adam are the ones who do the harness reworks so they aren’t able to focus on the videos.

CodyP

I understand. I just saw that the one of the 3 cars is already built, so I'm sure the others are as well. Looking at pictures, it seems they have already repurposed the room they were building them in. They intended to build them all at the same step, at the same time. So I'm assuming that all of the video is shot, just being edited by Adam. I only asked because there hasn't been a new video since December and they had previously said they were going to release 2 a week. Not trying to rush anything, just wondering if that was the end of it. :p

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
The helpful photo albums in the assembly discussion section. If you have questions, ask and we’ll be happy to help

ccgillett

Is it just me, or did DF take down the video about building up the front suspension? I wanted to review everything tonight, check torque, etc. That video is nowhere on YouTube to be found... :-(

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
With the current videos, experience from tear down and experience assembling based on the first set of videos, most are able to proceed with assembly without the rest of them. If you have questions, there are picture albums that can be used for reference, or you can ask on the forums and all of us are more than happy to assist. It may seem intimidating, but once you start working on the parts that don't have videos, it gets easier. The hardest part is not knowing the torque specs. Thankfully, @Jareth made a nice torque sheet and included some pictures for reference: https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/dragon-motorsports-1-0-extended-full-cage-double-door-bars-2010-ls-donor-frame-290.2364/page-17#post-64427

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
With the current videos, experience from tear down and experience assembling based on the first set of videos, most are able to proceed with assembly without the rest of them. If you have questions, there are picture albums that can be used for reference, or you can ask on the forums and all of us are more than happy to assist. It may seem intimidating, but once you start working on the parts that don't have videos, it gets easier. The hardest part is not knowing the torque specs. Thankfully, @Jareth made a nice torque sheet and included some pictures for reference: https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/dragon-motorsports-1-0-extended-full-cage-double-door-bars-2010-ls-donor-frame-290.2364/page-17#post-64427
Definitely just bookmarked that post.