NJ area

Kenny123

I have a turbo goblin for sale. I'm in SC but I got my engine from NJ so I know the trip isn't too bad.

Pat

Good evening. Premo inquired first so he's got 'right of first refusal' I'm in NJ too and interested in building or buying. Do you have a price in mind and picks?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Good evening. Premo inquired first so he's got 'right of first refusal' I'm in NJ too and interested in building or buying. Do you have a price in mind and picks?

Premo

Hey what’s going on, but I can’t buy the Goblin for the Listed price. I just purchased a Cobalt I’m going to build a Goblin thank you for the offer.

Kenny123

Hey what’s going on, but I can’t buy the Goblin for the Listed price. I just purchased a Cobalt I’m going to build a Goblin thank you for the offer.
Oh I see. I thought you were looking for a used goblin per the post. I misunderstood

Premo

I am looking for a used Goblin but not for that price. It cheaper to build one. I don’t want to but I will if I have too. What’s your lowest price.

KSLunsfo

Of all the turbo goblins I'm aware of, they all have $25k OR MORE in them. Only way you're building one cheaper is if using an NA donor and perhaps reusing factory seats, wheels, no wing, minimal bodywork etc...

Also, good luck finding SS turbo donors right now, they seem to go for a premium.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I am looking for a used Goblin but not for that price. It cheaper to build one. I don’t want to but I will if I have too. What’s your lowest price.
Your posts are confusing. You are wanting to buy a Goblin, but not for a reasonable value. Then you indicate you bought a Cobalt and can build a turbo Goblin cheaper. Please clear up what you are looking to accomplish and the forum can help you. And be careful stating you can build a Goblin cheaper, since those of us who have built or are building one know what the cost is - and it goes beyond just buying the basic kit from DF and purchasing a donor.

Pat

Kenny, Great looking Goblin. I've got some more research I need to do first. I'm not even a novice when it comes to car engines, etc but I hope to learn in this process. I need to determine some basic things like... what do I need to do to register in NJ, what is a 'basic set of garage tools' that DF states, and how am I going to pick up an engine. If any of that becomes 'too hard' and buying one is my only way, then I may be back. thanks

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Kenny, Great looking Goblin. I've got some more research I need to do first. I'm not even a novice when it comes to car engines, etc but I hope to learn in this process. I need to determine some basic things like... what do I need to do to register in NJ, what is a 'basic set of garage tools' that DF states, and how am I going to pick up an engine. If any of that becomes 'too hard' and buying one is my only way, then I may be back. thanks
Your basic set of tools constitutes a set of metric and SAE wrenches and sockets. If you're starting from nothing, any of the big box home improvement type stores will have a "mechanic's tool set" that will set you up well enough to get going on this project. This thread also includes some additional tools that builders have found helpful and aren't typically included in the aforementioned sets.

Kenny123

Thank you very much. We LOVE this thing and honestly I'm not super sad if it doesn't sell hahah. Just have to be responsible and at least make an effort. Hey if no one buys it I can clear my conscience and know I gave it a valiant effort while I rip the hell out of it hahahaha.

Pat

Thanks for that thread about the tools. I think that does it for me in deciding... I'm a buyer, not a builder. More tools and space than I want to get in to. Assuming that I can find NJ motor vehicles will allow me to get it on the road. thanks again. This forum and the members are awesome.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Amongst forum members I think we've got pretty decent understandings of the titling and registration processes in most states, for new builds. How different is the process for registering a completed and previously-titled build? I only have experience with South Carolina registration, where nearly anything goes, but I am confident I would've had fewer hoops to jump through if I were purchasing someone else's registered build. I assume the Montana route is still an option if your state still doesn't want your tax money.

my13d675r

Amongst forum members I think we've got pretty decent understandings of the titling and registration processes in most states, for new builds. How different is the process for registering a completed and previously-titled build? I only have experience with South Carolina registration, where nearly anything goes, but I am confident I would've had fewer hoops to jump through if I were purchasing someone else's registered build. I assume the Montana route is still an option if your state still doesn't want your tax money.
I'd be interested in any responses to this too -- curious to see what it takes to have someone else's build registered in another state and getting it registered in California.