No Charge - Steering Arm Replacements - Stage 2 Kit Component

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
We are replacing all old style steering arms with a newer, stronger version. Please email us a photo of your steering arms to [email protected] to confirm that you do not already have the newer version.

Please also provide your shipping address as well.

A photo like this one will do: (NOTE: THIS IS THE OLDER VERSION WE ARE WANTING TO REPLACE FOR YOU)

We'll work as quickly as we can to get these out to all of you that are needing them once we have a photo to confirm. Please be patient once you email us but know that we'll get these out to you asap!

Here's what the new & stronger ones look like

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

Lechlis

Could you post a comparison picture or a picture of the new style? I know I have the old style, but I am curious what the new style looks like.

Also, if I may ask, what was the driving force for this revision?

Thank you!

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Also, if I may ask, what was the driving force for this revision?
We started to get feedback from our autocross professionals that when they switched to sticky tires and got their suspension really hooked up they found the limit of our steering arms.

We would like for everyone that wants to really push their Goblins to the limit to feel comfortable and have confidence that they are not going to start having issues at the track.

So far we have not had any fail under hard street driving conditions. The first set that failed was on our All Terrain Goblin. The second and third sets were both linked to wheel hops and sticky tires. This list is excluding any that were involved in structural testing of Goblin chassis that hit fences, mailboxes, groundhogs, ditches, trees, curbs, and parked cars. :p

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
This is why DF Kit Car are the best. I don't track my car at all ... but I do have wider-than-average tires so there was a little concern there in my head, about the steering arm issue. I decided to not worry about it because if DF says the originals are fine for all-conditions street driving, then I trust them.

Now it turns out, it doesn't matter, they're replacing them anyway.

I appreciate you guys a lot, Lonny, Adam, and crew.

Iwanttogofast

We started to get feedback from our autocross professionals that when they switched to sticky tires and got their suspension really hooked up they found the limit of our steering arms.

We would like for everyone that wants to really push their Goblins to the limit to feel comfortable and have confidence that they are not going to start having issues at the track.

So far we have not had any fail under hard street driving conditions. The first set that failed was on our All Terrain Goblin. The second and third sets were both linked to wheel hops and sticky tires. This list is excluding any that were involved in structural testing of Goblin chassis that hit fences, mailboxes, groundhogs, ditches, trees, curbs, and parked cars. :p
Do you know when you began shipping the newer version with kits? Mine is #336 that was shipped and delivered in October. Do you know which version you were shipping at that time? I haven't unwrapped all of my powder coated parts yet, and there are lots of them. Please advise...

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Do you know when you began shipping the newer version with kits? Mine is #336 that was shipped and delivered in October. Do you know which version you were shipping at that time? I haven't unwrapped all of my powder coated parts yet, and there are lots of them. Please advise...

Here is the new & stronger that we are replacing the others with....

These are the older ones.....

If you are unsure which you have, please send us a photo.

Thanks!

Brenda

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure when the new ones started going out... When you unwrap yours just compare them to the two picture above or take a picture of them and send it to Lonny.

Brenda

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
DF, just wanted to say Thank You for being pro-active about this. Based on the photos the modification appears to be small yet still critical. Instead of playing it passive and just replacing the arms after an incident (as it's cheaper) you recognized the issue, owned it, and made it right for everyone. The email to shipping turnaround time was incredible, shoutout to your support crew.

I really wish companies nowadays operated like this, I'll continue to sing your praises - thanks again!

KSLunsfo

DF, just wanted to say Thank You for being pro-active about this. Based on the photos the modification appears to be small yet still critical. Instead of playing it passive and just replacing the arms after an incident (as it's cheaper) you recognized the issue, owned it, and made it right for everyone. The email to shipping turnaround time was incredible, shoutout to your support crew.

I really wish companies nowadays operated like this, I'll continue to sing your praises - thanks again!
^ Ditto.

All in the same day:
After receiving the email about this I sent pictures just minutes after. I received a response that it could take a while (which I expected and was totally fine with). Later that day I received a shipment notification, so I could have never asked for this to process any quicker!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
^ Ditto.

All in the same day:
After receiving the email about this I sent pictures just minutes after. I received a response that it could take a while (which I expected and was totally fine with). Later that day I received a shipment notification, so I could have never asked for this to process any quicker!
Same experience here.

socaljeff3798

I can tell you that retro fitting these arms is costing them a good chunk of change. But It speaks to the quality of the people that own this business. First class all the way.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Tremendous customer support. They could have easily said that running the wide track tire was outside the design limits and not done anything. Seems they not only want to put the best product they can on the road, but also know the value of happy loyal customers. The praises customers are giving is worth much more value than the cost of parts.

socaljeff3798

I was at a bar show yesterday and had 2 people show serious interest in building cars and I told the story about how great the company was using this issue.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Hey Goblin Family - A quick update on all this:

Right now, we've shipped out what we can but as soon as the new arms shipment comes in, we will be shipping these out again to those of you that send us the confirmation photo that they are needed.

For those guys running the the older version, if you take a hard hit from potholes or curbs, inspect the steering arms near the rear bolt. Also, check this area regularly if you are running the car at the track.