No crank, need help.

Peregrinus

I disabled VATS in HP Tuners, and my car sometimes won't crank when requested... Wierd that it will let the engine run, but not let it start.
I took the electrical ignition switch apart, but it was in good shape. I hear the BCM relay click, so I know that it noticed the key in the start position.
I'm still thinking my issue is a GM Lan communication issue, as I have the guages sometimes die in my car. Not sue if Peregrinus has the exact same issue, but there is a lot of similarities.
No sir, mine was literally just the absence of the two clutch sensor wires, once I added them to my plugs it was good to go. I've been following your issue in your thread, hopefully you figure it out.

Jcas

okay. If 2005 is like 2007 you have to have both switches as ecm looks for both to make sure you are using clutch from 0 to 24 MPH. However make sure that the plug fits tight on the bottom switch which is the one that has to be pressed when clutch is to the floor. For temp try jumping the two contacts in that plug. This has caused me a long battle for past 3 months and has caused limp modes and no start issues

Peregrinus

okay. If 2005 is like 2007 you have to have both switches as ecm looks for both to make sure you are using clutch from 0 to 24 MPH. However make sure that the plug fits tight on the bottom switch which is the one that has to be pressed when clutch is to the floor. For temp try jumping the two contacts in that plug. This has caused me a long battle for past 3 months and has caused limp modes and no start issues
this was how i found my problem, i jumped them and it made no difference, i ended up cutting the loom open at my pcm and jumping the pins directly and it worked, thats when i went back all the way through my wiring and found i totally forgot to add them into my middle harness. *facepalm*

Jcas

this was how i found my problem, i jumped them and it made no difference, i ended up cutting the loom open at my pcm and jumping the pins directly and it worked, thats when i went back all the way through my wiring and found i totally forgot to add them into my middle harness. *facepalm*
Like I had mentioned before please make sure that plug and conectors are tight as they can cause a ghost that you chase forever. As for you finding the missing link that was my biggest fear so glad you found it