No Power, How Do I Test Issues?

Goblinfanclub1234

I also had to crank down on the bolts that hold the fuse box connectors in...some of mine were not being pressed into their spots tight enough.

do you have a 50 amp inline fuse in the wire that goes from the battery to the starter? could have popped that fuse.

Goblinfanclub1234

plugs into top left of fuse box when looking towards the back of the car

light sensor for the headlights and the dimming dash...

judging on the fact that it is near the front of the car it looks like the throttle pedal connector

coolant level sensor plug?? the sensor is right there in the picture.

Last edited:

KingChuck24

Thanks so much, meant to not post that bottom one as I did find that one went into the brake reservoir. I will try plugging that one into the fuse box tomorrow but the fact that it goes into the fuse box gives me some hope, it could be the culprit.

Goblinfanclub1234

Thanks so much, meant to not post that bottom one as I did find that one went into the brake reservoir. I will try plugging that one into the fuse box tomorrow but the fact that it goes into the fuse box gives me some hope, it could be the culprit.
I mean that plug in the fuse box is for power steering

KingChuck24

This morning I tried plugging in the power steering wire into the fuse box and still no luck. I realized that we also have another makeshift little harness that the previous owner used to install the supercharger to it, I also realized there were 2 fuses attached and looked at the fuse box diagram to see where they might go (couldn’t find a picture my donor fuse box unfortunately). I found that the ecm fuse wasn’t there and tried putting a 15 amp fuse and still nothing. The first three photos are of the harness, I know it goes to the heat exchanger pump but I don’t know where the other connector goes. Last photo is of my fuse box and I took out the 15 amp fuse that goes to ecm power and put it back into the double fuse from the other harness. I just wanted to know if I’m checking my grounds correct, I am putting one of the leads of the multimeter onto the metal part of the wire and the other lead onto the stud itself. The multimeter then reads .5 ohms.

Attachments

Goblinfanclub1234

for checking ground you want to use "continuity" testing....your multimeter will either beep or show 000 if the ground is good.

Also the ground bolts should be bare steel, make sure you didnt get the ground bolts painted over.

KingChuck24

for checking ground you want to use "continuity" testing....your multimeter will either beep or show 000 if the ground is good.

Also the ground bolts should be bare steel, make sure you didnt get the ground bolts painted over.
Yep all good, tested all the 3 grounds. Are there any other grounds that aren’t on the frame that should be tested?

KingChuck24

It's working! After trying many different things I finally figured it out, I am quite embarrassed... I was under the assumption for whatever reason that turning the key once got electrical power and everything would turn on, and turning the key twice would crank the engine. I didn't want to crank the motor without any other electrical signals so I never turned it twice until like 5 minutes ago. I decided screw it, i'll try cranking the engine to see what happens, I turned it to the second position and bang, the whole dash lights up. Really sorry to those that helped me but you guys helped me identify other wires that I didn't have plugged in as well as advance my knowledge in the electrical stuff. Going to make sure everything else is good and try to start the engine tonight!

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Glad it was that simple! It was going to get ‘fun’ really soon. I couldn’t get mine to run for 2 days after it previously ran. All it was were the MAF and Injector plugs being swspped. So it happens to more than would like to admit.