No Power on key turn unless I unplug the key Switch and X3 on BCM

viperbmw69

I am having an odd issue. Sometimes when I try to start the Goblin I get Nothing from the key turning. No Power No Dash nothing. Then if I unscrew the X3 plug on the BCM it will start normally...... Its odd and it doesn't seem to be an issue with Anti-theft. Has anyone had issues like this? I did cut the IGN wire on X3 in BCM by mistake and had to rewire it. Although I checked the solder multiple times and checks good every time when I move it around.

Sometimes I can get the car to get power with Unpluging the Anti-theft switch on the Key Housing. as well as the Green plug on it. This does not always work.

2008 LS 2.2 Manual F23

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Check your IGN fuse on the BCM. Some of us had a no start issue unless we took off power or flipped the light switch from Auto to some other function. It ended up being a fuse on the BCM.

Also, you might want to add your vehicle information into your signature. Donor model would help people with diagnosing problems easier.

viperbmw69

Check your IGN fuse on the BCM. Some of us had a no start issue unless we took off power or flipped the light switch from Auto to some other function. It ended up being a fuse on the BCM.

Also, you might want to add your vehicle information into your signature. Donor model would help people with diagnosing problems easier.
I add the info in the post OK I will try the Fuse Thanks!!!

viperbmw69

That was it!!!! TRhanks man

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Glad it was something easy. On my car if you turned the lights from auto to off it would bring everything back to life. It was almost like a built in kill switch.