No power to my aftercooler and fuel pump.

MR.812

Everything was working fine. i was redoing my aftercooler fan wire. After i was finished fan would not work and the fuel pump is not getting power now. i have checked all the ground connections all show fine. I don't have power to the fuses in the fuse box to the pump or the aftercooler fan. i do have ground at the fuel pump plug and the fuel gauge is still working. all other elec circuits are working.

any help would be appreciated.

Andy

MR.812

Update:
i can apply 12 volts to the fuel pump fuse and it will power up. I also started it with the jumper on the fuse and it runs fine.
i am still confused on the issue.

Andy

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You need to find the B+ bus diagram for your model. this will show how power is distributed through the fuse box. I can check my manual this evening but it will be for the later models.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Not sure what you mean by aftercooler fan but if you are talking about the engine cooling fan the fuse is before the relay and gets power directly from the B+ bus (basically tied directly to battery) so should have power if the fuse box has its main power connector.
The fuel pump fuse is after the fuel pump relay so can have a lot of places that it can fail. About all I can offer is that you probably have separate problems for each circuit and need the wiring diagrams for your model to track it down. My comments are based upon the later model diagrams so your model may be different, although the basic configuration is usually the same.