Normal Aspirated Ecotec (TURBOCHARGED build)

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Slowly making progress on the new engine, was able to order the electrical (AutoMeter) gauge setup w/ a mechanical boost gauge. [Definitely not like the old days where you could walk into any auto parts store and pull a gauge set off the shelves - counter people (other then the older guys) look at you like an idiot]....

But reason for the post...
Setting the engine up to run E85 and last two pieces of the puzzle are the fuel injectors and the fuel pump to handle that... There are a lot of theories (and very few facts) on what is the best way to accomplish this looking for thoughts and ideas...

THX,
Bruce

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Looking for some information...
Just finishing the new engine and just can not figure out the thread size for the Banjo bolts for the BorgWarner / GM turbocharger (2.0 Ecotec LNF). The oil side ( both drain and intake ) I believe the anti freeze (coolant) banjo bolts are a different size... I’m in the need of two of those banjo bolts but can’t figure out the thread size to order.
434E7FF0-7337-47A4-94B5-05CC568C7B0C.jpeg

In addition that thread is also used on the oil passage way plugs. Trying to get adapters to run the oil pressure and temp probs. By removing two of those plugs and using adapters to get it to 1/8” NPT for the gauge sensors. (Thought it was 12x1.5 but it’s not but it is the same size as the banjo bolts that I’m in need of.
32E9A46C-C1AA-47BB-82BE-1D79E2F7F18D.jpeg

THX,
Bruce

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Just finishing up the engine.
It is a fully forged engine with LNF turbocharger that has been balanced and blueprinted....
Everything is brand new....
9ABF5EC0-5701-4FD7-93CE-CF41C984F69E.jpeg
E5F35B5E-8E67-42F6-B1B6-E36B80854F04.jpeg
8F57B7B6-89EA-4B35-B46E-0B907F1BBDE1.jpeg

Looks absolutely awesome...
AND
will be putting it up for sale in the next day or two ( need to add up everything approx. 7-8 thousand )

THX,
Bruce

BAR-AIR

THX,
Speaking of turbo’s does anyone have a O2 housing that they would be interested in selling??? ZZPerformance seems to be the only game in town to purchase one... So if anyone had a spare I would be interested...
THX,
Bruce

It has the K04 (BorgWarner / GM turbocharger 2.0 LNF)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Other than a boneyard pick, the ZZP seems to be the only turbo outlet casting available. Bought one during last year's black Friday sale, nice piece. Needed one for my LNF crate engine.

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Just finishing up the turbocharged 2.4 (and YES I do have it for SALE in the classifieds - it’s a lot of HP for a Goblin it should be well over 450 mark)...
So here are some updated photos....
E5297A3B-6B3F-4FA2-A204-E01F5D51C2FD.jpeg

AN fittings for the radiator lines...
916C75BC-E19D-4A38-85FC-03C2D93C1747.jpeg

B33ECCD6-342A-4ED4-B59B-33869E6FCEC5.jpeg

DF92DD28-00C8-479B-AE76-5D90B2A59953.jpeg

96E804DB-9494-421C-9A1A-D3E0A8C6BD98.jpeg

Thought some of you would like the new threaded in oil dipstick....
A3DB7211-57A1-4EC7-84D9-244F0F7B836B.jpeg

Did have a couple of questions with regards to the BorgWarner turbocharger I have a green circle and a blue circle would anyone have photos of the connectors that attach to each of those....
D4FFE242-E7EC-4F80-A05C-66CD57C40A6A.jpeg

THX,
Bruce

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Bruce here's a photo of the intake side port. Has a plate that bolts into the single hole with a stainless braid hose that goes to the valve cover. Assume this will supply constant vacuum to the engine internals.

BTW, that is where a catch can should located to keep oil mist out of the turbo impeller and further along into the intercooler.

Attachments

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
Any kind of part number on the connector? Have you had it off to see the back side of the connector ( wondering if I can just machine a flat plate with a AN6 fitting then run AN lines to a catch can then into the valve cover ). How about the other (green) circled connector that should be going to the throttle body though the intercooler so there should be a bolt in connector with either a place to connect the rubber (silicon) hoses or a VEE band for hard lines. Correct? Anyone doing one of these conversions is going to need these parts would have though them readily available but can’t seem to find them anywhere....
THX,
Bruce
E53E71A3-DAD6-4E2C-995F-FBF696304FDA.jpeg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Bruce the photo is from my new crate engine, which I don't plan to disassemble any time soon. Sorry, no visible part numbers.
The outlet in your last photo may be a Skyline/Solstice pipe?

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
Found this picture on “MisterDave’s” build log... anyone have any information on what that part is (turbo charger output) for the OEM turbocharger... everyone I have seen doesn’t have it connected to the actual turbocharger...
3E9F3BF0-8CC2-48CB-A51F-63CD1E631F90.jpeg

THX,
Bruce

BAR-AIR

You wouldn’t be interested in selling the LNF one would you? Have a call into Adam to see if I can buy one from them also....

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Just doing some finishing up of the engine. Installed a pressure sensor with a 12x1.75 to 1/8 NPT adapter. I also wanted to add a temp sensor but have not been able to find a deep enough adapter (temp probe bottoms out in a normal adapter). If I was smarter would have drill and tapped the oil pan for it when I had it apart...
ACCBDBF4-983E-4BC8-BAB6-9ED72F6A9CE1.jpeg

So you can see the pressure sensor bulb to the left of the oil filter...
699641F3-C6A2-4B23-82F2-678D615A4D47.jpeg

Question does anyone happen to know if the plug circled in red is a 1/8 NPT thread (plug uses a 3/16” Allen wrench). It looks really close of coarse I have the engine full of break in oil (actually pressurized the system just to oil everything and check for leaks). If someone knows it would save me draining the system just to try the temp probe....
THX,
Bruce

Attachments

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
Bit the bullet and drained the oil... Auto meter oil temp prob threaded right in to that plug in the oil pan. (So either it actually is a 1/8NPT or the brass prob adjusted to a metric tread size that’s nearly the same size???).
B75E25DF-1F9B-4446-9603-5575B5D0C661.jpeg

So that makes life a little easier.
Bruce