Not a Goblin, but my 09 Miata

Classy

I’m not goblin light, but I hope to be about 2400 lbs with that much power. People with this setup are stupid fast at Auto X.

My lexan spoiler shipped today!!

Classy

So, I am actually toying with the idea of making my car heavier to go to an easier PAX since it is unrealistic I can get my car down to 2150 lbs.

I also have been working on installing my fender flares, I got the first one installed last night.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
2150 is not out of the question! Break out the drill and bits for some speedholes! I'm betting there's at least 50 lbs of opportunity to take out of that chassis/body. :p:cool:

Classy

I am probably about 2450-2500 right now. With the supercharger I will add another 50+ pounds. And I will add an ice box to the trunk so another 50 pounds. In my class you are supposed to have an interior and I don’t want my car to look like Swiss cheese

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The trick is to make sure the speedholes are (mostly) hidden, so the inspectors don't see them, unless they start digging around. The majority of my chassis speedholes will be unnoticeable, unless you know where to look. Speedholes in a full bodied car are far easier to hide and with a full interior requirement it would be a piece of cake. ;)

Classy

Front will be quick, the rear will be like a brutal torture, lots of small cuts, beating it like it owes me money and then burning it with my welder

Classy

Project is kinda coming along slowly, I need to go in and cut and weld the rear fenders, but I was sick last week and I need to spend time catching up with my business.
BUT! I did buy some ecotec parts for my Miata!
ZZP heat exchanger and red top pump. This heat exchanger is massively larger than the one that comes with the super charger I am getting. I am also toying with the idea of taking an ecotec TVS1320 and cutting it up to fit on my Miata.
My car is going in to have the old roll bar and convertible top removed from my car and the new bigger roll bar will go in, I will also pull the ITB’s and slap the supercharger on at the same time. I am hoping all of this is done before the February Auto X, but I doubt it.

Attachments

Classy

I finally spent the time finishing cutting up my car. I had to cut away the pinch welds up front and welding them back up, and then cutting away the rear fenders and I stitched welded them for now. I was afraid of burning all the paint away.
I can finally drive my car with out scraping

Attachments

Classy

The new roll bar went in and the convertible top is GONE!! Driving it home it felt peppier, I knew it would lose some weight, but I was surprised I noticed it

also, a picture of why I don’t tint my rear window.

Tomorrow I need to adjust my coilovers and get my alignment redone, after that, I will be back to full operation for the February AutoX assuming weather behaves

Attachments

Classy

Car is lifted, aligned and ready to rock! Now I want to get back to killing cones!

No supercharger yet, but soon