Not for sale anymore.

Dsteinhorst

This morning, I found out there's no way to make a Goblin legal in WI. I'm still debating going Montana route, but I'd be near the end of Goblin season and I'm feeling like moving on. I'm sure Wisconsin would find a way to get it off the road no matter what.

Donor was an 09 Pontiac G5 with the 155hp 2.2 and 5 speed tansmission.
Build log is here: https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/title-revoked-dsteinhorsts-wi-city-build-09-base-model-182.1522/

I've put about 2500 street miles on it and one autocross. It's not a show car, as there are some rock nicks, tire and cone rash, and the pink is fading a bit, but it is complete and ready to drive anywhere.

Stock G5 seats and belts. No parking brake. It does have the BC coilovers and button panel. Cruise control works. Front shocks are 1" longer than original for extra clearance. No leaks of any kind. CEL is on for obvious emissions reasons. Many wear parts were replaced when built including control arms, tie rods, and axles.

Engine has 99k on it. Will not go up.

Asking $14,000
I cannot set up shipping, but will happily work with you and your shipper to get it to you.

Please message me with questions or inquiries.
20200804_133413.jpg

20200804_133254.jpg

20200804_133243.jpg

20200804_133435.jpg

20200804_133426.jpg

20200804_133353.jpg
20200804_133349.jpg
20200804_133337.jpg
20200804_133317.jpg
20200804_133305.jpg
20200712_163247.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Dsteinhorst

Since when Is it not legal in Wisconsin? There's already a few legal in Wisconsin
Essentially, there is no inspection prior to title and registration, so they gotta catch them later. The state's loophole buys you time, but doesn't guarantee legality. The Goblin doesn't replicate a Lotus Seven accurately enough, according to the state.

Peregrinus

Essentially, there is no inspection prior to title and registration, so they gotta catch them later. The state's loophole buys you time, but doesn't guarantee legality. The Goblin doesn't replicate a Lotus Seven accurately enough, according to the state.
Ah, thats a shame, I guess I'll go ahead and go the Montana way then, not even worth the hassle. Thanks. Sorry for the thread spam!

Also side note, the kick plate over your bcm, is that a df thing or a custom piece?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Ah, thats a shame, I guess I'll go ahead and go the Montana way then, not even worth the hassle. Thanks. Sorry for the thread spam!

Also side note, the kick plate over your bcm, is that a df thing or a custom piece?
Kick plate is by DF, the color is custom.

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
I actually have a Lotus 7 fiberglass nose cone that I was playing with (but never fully fitted it to either of the Goblin frames). Probably should start to get rid of some of the extra parts that I most likely won't be using if your interested. On the road currently, but I'll get you some pictures in the next day or two...
Bruce

Trackerpo

I'm in Wisconsin and have been looking for an SS donor for a few months to get started. Would you mind expanding on how the state told you you're goblin isn't legal for road use? It's my understanding that you don't have to do emmisions or annual registration.

I have a 1988 Fiero GT Fastback. First of all, forget everything you thought you knew about Fieros. In 1987 General Motors owned Lotus Cars in England and they brought the Lotus engineers over to the US to completely redesign the suspension and chassis of the Fiero for 1988. Which is why the 1988 Fiero chassis is almost identical to the Lotus Chassis. They upgraded the Brakes and Suspension, revised the Front Knuckles and changed to a new Tri-link Rear End. They then implemented a 5-Speed Getrag Manual Transaxle with 3.61:1 Final Drive (FX8), coupled to a 2.8L V6 rated at 140 HP and 170 lbs. of torque. 1 Year, 1988 thats it, then they stopped making Fieros and soon after sold Lotus Cars. Mine is Red of course, 5-Speed, it has 108K miles, low profile wheels and tires, upgraded interior and a handling package so it drives like it is on rails. If you want to go faster you can bolt in a Stock 3.8L supercharged GM engine and achieve 0-60 in 3 seconds. Always garaged, my car has never seen snow or ice. You can drive this car anywhere, Value $7500-$8000.00. Pictures are available, Let me know if you would be interested in a trade & cash, David. [email protected] / 319-389-5496

JPas914

I could be wrong, but I think David is trying to offer his car up as a trade for Dsteinhorst’s Goblin.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Still a great deal if having to recoat for under $1200 to the color of your choosing.
I've always wondered how much more a strip and recoat would cost. You'd have to disassemble it all which sucks but if they're blasting the frame anyway (for a new fresh paint on bare metal) then it wouldn't be TOO much, if any, more to blast off color too. My paint was 850 for the entire frame, DF panels, and Cobalt reused parts so I could easily see it being affordable.

Changing colors shouldn't be a limiting factor in a purchase like this UNLESS you don't have the means or time to disassemble it all yourself and put it back together.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I've always wondered how much more a strip and recoat would cost. You'd have to disassemble it all which sucks but if they're blasting the frame anyway (for a new fresh paint on bare metal) then it wouldn't be TOO much, if any, more to blast off color too. My paint was 850 for the entire frame, DF panels, and Cobalt reused parts so I could easily see it being affordable.

Changing colors shouldn't be a limiting factor in a purchase like this UNLESS you don't have the means or time to disassemble it all yourself and put it back together.
The benefit of removing all parts is you get the experience of building the car and seeing how to properly install/replace parts. The base frame should be much cheaper too I agree. You can also get a charger Kit for this kit for around 900 tuned.

Bfekid

Is this car sold? If not, just curious with the title revoked if you still have all the paperwork thats needed to register it in a different state.